Chapter 6

Adora's POV:

We both stared at each other in confusion.

"What do you mean spar?" Catra asked, breaking the awkward silence between the 3 of us.

"You know? Grabbing a sword and just practice swinging it at each other" She said with confidence.

"But we don't know how to use swords" I added in.

"Nonsense, I just have a feeling that you know how both use one" She reassured.

I gulped then nodded, I stood up looking at Catra holding a hand down for her to take it. She actually obliged and took it this time. It seems she doesn't hate me THAT much, but I don't want to push my luck.

We made our way onto the stage that held a rack of swords. Catra went out to reach for one, but quickly got smacked down by Mrs. Grant's hand. 

"Ow.." She grunted rubbing the spot that was hit.

"You may not touch these unless I say so. We will start off with you both using Longswords. Remember, let the sword control you. If you become one with the sword, using the sword will be easy to use and it will flow where you want it too" Mrs. Grant said.

I heard Catra give a small laugh, "Become one with the sword? Are you trying to be a witch?"

I rolled my eyes, there was the typical Catra, making sly remarks. I ignored her, and grabbed the Longsword, and held it in my two palms. I closed my eyes as I tried to concentrate, I noticed the more I concentrated the sword felt lighter. I also felt that I knew how to wield it, I gave the sword a quick spin with one palm.

"Adora, are you actually falling for this?" Catra asked.

"I mean, try it Catra. Just hold the sword and concentrate. It feels weird like it becomes lighter and you feel like you can do anything with it" I replied.

"Very well described, Adora" Mrs. Grant commented.

Catra rolled her eyes and tried what I said. After a couple of seconds, she groaned and then threw the sword the ground. 

"This is stupid, why do we have to spar," Catra said annoyed.

"Don't you want to prove your worth Catra, prove how much you have changed as a person to Adora. How much you changed after..she left you?" Mrs. Grant emphasized the last part of the sentence. 

I felt my heart drop as something changed in Catra, the Catra a couple of minutes ago giving me the best smirk was gone. The Catra who was willing to give me another chance was gone. It was as if a switch was flipped in her, she looked down at the sword. Which to then she waltzed toward the sword, and grabbed it.

I stepped back, my grip on the sword becoming stronger and stronger on it. I felt my heart race as I watched Catra just stand there lifeless with the sword lazily in her hand. But the grip looked strong.

"You...LEFT..me!" Catra screamed as she lunged forward with the point of the sword heading straight towards me. 

I luckily was able to dodge in time, how was I so reactive all of a sudden? Catra kept lunging the sword at me as I had to keep dodging it. I then decided to do something risky, I did a quick roll and captured her ankles and pulled on them making her fall back on her back, but she didn't drop the sword. I straddled her and pinned the wrist without the sword up as she didn't have the strength to hold the sword now.

"Catra! We had this conversation. I promised I didn't mea-" a punch directly to my cheekbone cut me off, making me lose my grip on her wrist, then a kick to my stomach made me fly back. onto my back, as I rolled on my side groaning.