Jinki

His story; her story {part 3}

 “Sunyoung-ah. You know him right? Jinki.” Hyemi chimed as soon as she saw her.

 “Hi I’m Sunyoung, Hyemi’s friend.” She introduced herself to me. I know her; her familiar voice, smile, face; her stance which mesmerized me for quite a while. She, who made me curious, depressed and infatuated, I know her.

 And now, she turns out to be friends with the girl I currently like.

 How and why?

 Why is the world so cruel?

____________________

 It was spring that time—almost summer—when I first saw her. I moved in three months prior to that and it was a surprise that I did not notice her before. She was tall for a girl’s height and unbelievably noisy but I didn’t mind.

 Since the weather was great, I wanted to play the guitar but mom would undoubtedly nag if I make any kind of noise at home. That’s why I decided to settle at the staircase. Nobody goes in there.

 But not that time.

 I plopped at the third stair from the door of our floor and sat comfortably then started tuning my guitar. However, I ceased the task when I heard the door screeching from about 3 floors above ours.

 “I told you it’s not a great idea to color your hair in my house!”

 “But where else can I go? Sunyoung-ah I’m sorry.”

 “Whatever. Just stop treating my house as a salon.”

 I didn’t want to eavesdrop but it happened anyway so I went back to our house as quietly as I can. Thankfully, they were louder than the door. But before I left, I peeked onto who it was and saw a girl near my age with a very beautiful smile.

__________________

 The next day, I went down to our lobby and found Sunyoung. She saw me too but her gaze immediately retreated as soon as she met mine.

 That kind of action never fails to make me think that she’s cute.

 She paced—a little faster than usual—towards the bus stop and waited for the bus. There are times that I know she steal glances on me which makes me wonder if I have something on my face. I didn’t bother to ask anyway.

 But I hope I did.

__________________

 The first time we locked eyes was something incredible.

 For others, it wasn’t that great but for me, it was something I couldn’t forget. It was the first time my heart skipped a beat for someone.

 I don’t know how and why she grew this fast on me. Like a contagious disease, like a virus but it just happened. It was unavoidable.

 I fell for her.

_________________

 We went through the same process.  Trying to steal glances and went caught, act as if nothing happened then smile like a fool –well the last part was one-sided, it’s only me who smile like a fool— I even wrote a song for her. Well, I don’t usually write songs for people but she was special. And I only write for those who are special to me.

 Then one day, she suddenly stopped taking the bus.

 I couldn’t see her anymore

 Fate wouldn’t let meet her.

 Living in the same apartment complex didn’t even help.

 My first love is going to fall into pieces like this.

___________________

 “Jinki-ah, do you want to transfer schools?” My mom asked during our summer break. “Your father’s business isn’t going well. We need to loosen up a bit.”

 “Where will I study then?” I inquired.

 And then she broke the biggest news of my life. I don’t know if I should be happy or not but, I will study on her school. I will see her again. I will get closer to her.

 I hoped.

________________

 But I didn’t.

 I didn’t see her around. Maybe she’s not outgoing? Maybe fate is saying that I should just give up on her.

  "This is Lee Jinki. New student." Hara introduced. "Jinki, this is my friend, Hyemi."

  “Hi I’m Choi Hyemi. Nice to meet you.” She bowed.

  “Hi I’m Lee Jinki. Nice to meet you too.” I bowed back

 Hara and Kibum are a couple that I became friends with from my very first day. Kibum was very and sociable so he kept on introducing me from his friends. But this friend is different. She was the first one I thought who was beautiful after Sunyoung.

 “She’s pretty right?” Kibum casually asked right after Hyemi left.

 “Yeah. From which class is she from again?” I was curious about her.

 “Class 5. The only class upstairs.“ he informed. “You should totally hit on her, she’s a good friend of mine and Hara for years now and she even helped us out.”

 “I’ll try.”

_________________

 Hyemi was very sociable just like Key. She is funny and she has some sense of humor. I wonder why she still hasn’t found a boyfriend.

 We got closer by talking on Kakao talk and I started walking her home too. We hang out every time Key and Hara go on dates and they always say that it’s a ‘double date’ although Hyemi and I haven’t been official yet.

 I was also starting..

 .. to fall for her.

_________________

  Hyemi  and I rode the bus together as usual since I have to walk her from their stop to their doorstep. The bus was about to leave when a familiar figure tried to halt the vehicle and entered.

 “I’m sorry, ahjusshi.” She bowed.

 It has been a while since I last saw her take the bus. It has been a while since I saw her too. And I don’t know why but she still has that impact in my heart. I don’t know if it’s because I liked her before or I still like her.

 Undoubtedly, I like Hyemi now. This girl beside me makes my heart beat already. But when I saw Sunyoung, everything became blurry. My feelings were starting to mix up and I don’t know.

 I don’t know how to feel anymore.

“Sunyoung-ah. You know him right? Jinki.”

A/N: I am sorry for this crappy update and Merry Christmas! ^^