MVP at heart

A/N: This story is dedicated to Onewstyle's head master, Left-handed. She left the world last December and I was disheartened by those criticism she received before she passed away. 

 On the side note, Onew's POVs are all fictional. 

 “Hyung, one of your fansites closed down.” Kibum welcomed Jinki with such news.

 To be quite honest, Jinki couldn’t care less. He was too tired to care not just at that moment, but for the rest of his career. Being an idol wasn’t made for him, he did wish to be one but now everything has changed. Every single thing has been nothing but strenuous for him; smiling through the camera, showing jolliness to fans even though deep inside, he was nothing but tortured, and bruised. The job was burdensome in some ways.

 That day wasn’t an exception. Just imagine how he had to endure their flight way back from Golden Disk Awards in Malaysia and they also had to stop-over in Hong Kong. On their arrival in Korea, he only had the chance to take a bath and change at the dorm then head straight to KBS radio station. How exhausting could that ever be?

  And his day didn’t end just like that. He had to practice for at least 3 hours with the rest of SHINee before having a sleep of what? 4 hours? 5 hours?

 So now that he’s standing right in front of the members, having nothing in his mind but get over the practice and dive in his bed to have the best sleep he could ever get—at least for that day.

 “I will check it out later.” Jinki gave off a faint smile on Kibum. This was the gentlest answer he could give to the younger.

 “but Hyung—“

 “Kim Kibum, I’m tired.” He said, with authority written all over his voice; stressing out the first two words of the sentence then a slight hint of disdain on the other two plus a sigh to finish it off.

 Even if Jinki is the happy-go-lucky, not-so-leader-like type on screen, he still has the right over his dongsaengs. The title ‘SHINee’s Leader Onew’ ain’t all bluff. It has some effect and Jinki has the charisma and ability to lead off-cam.

  “Not this time Kibum. It will just grow bigger if you provoke him.” Jonghyun cooed his favorite dongsaeng with an almost inaudible advice. Kibum nodded in agreement and went back to practicing. Good thing he wasn’t as prissy as he usually is. This kid also knows his limitations but if you push through it, he explodes as well.

 SHINee members are normal human beings in their early 20s—late 10s for Taemin—as well. They don’t get along at times and their personalities do not match too. For some reasons though, they learned how to level themselves according to one’s demeanor to another. After all, their profession needs this kind of transition as it depicts their teamwork as a group of five young men who lives, dances, sings, eats and does almost everything together.

 Jinki did not want to start a fight. It was hard to have a fight with people you have to be with almost every single time. True, with these petty disagreements, their bond became mightier. However, there’s a boundary in it, a finish line which you can never go across.

 “I’m sorry, Kibum.” He immediately pulled out these words since it’s a part of his job, of being a leader—stepping down when you know you were wrong.

 And no, this is not time for another round of bullshit. Jinki had enough of these for the past 5 years.

 “Hyuuuuuuuuuuuung” their cheery maknae entered, having his daily dose of banana milk.

  Minho and Taemin arrived together. The older guys didn’t bother to mention the small misunderstanding that happened minutes ago and started their practice smoothly.