Chapter 16

Song for this chapter is All Over Again by Big Time Rush
Enjoy!

Scarlett's P.O.V
"Oh my God, really?" I asked as I threw my head back, laughing.

"Yes! It was by far the craziest thing I had ever witnessed," Cade said as he took another shrimp tempura roll.

"I bet it was," I said as I took some more noodles.

"Are those noodles really that good? That's like, your third plate," he said with a chuckle.

"This, sir, is by far one of my favorite Japanese dishes. Just try some. I guarantee you'll like it," I said.

"If you insist," he said as he took some of the Yaki Udon out. Taking a bite, I couldn't tell what he thought.

"You're making a face. What's the verdict?" I asked.

"I'm not making a face," he retorted.

"Yes you are. C'mon, what do you think?" I asked.

"Okay it's not Ramen, but, it's good," he said as he took another bite. "You got a little something on your face by the way," he said pointing to the corner of his mouth.

"Did I get it?" I ask.

"Not quite," he said with a chuckle. "Here, let me get it for you," he said as reached over the food that separated us and wiped the corner of my mouth with his thumb.

"Thank you," I said, looking away.

"So how's the job hunting going by the way?" he asked.

"I am still jobless. I don't know why no one will except me. I go to interviews. I show up early for them dressed in my best, and still they don't accept me. What could I possibly be doing wrong?" I asked. It's been three weeks since I moved in and I still didn't have a job. The money I had saved up would run out soon, and I didn't want to ask my father for money. He's done enough by paying for this place.

"Do you have any allergies? When it comes to flowers specifically," he asked as he ate some more Yaki.

"Um. No. Not that I'm aware of at least. Why?" I asked.

"My mom owns a flower shop about an hour's drive from here. She's been looking for some help around the shop since she's got to help with my grandma and her back is giving out sometimes. Maybe you could work there for a bit, could be a start until something better comes along?" he asked.

"Sure. I'd love to help your mom out. How do you know she won't reject me too?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Trust me, she needs all the help she can get. I can drop you off and pick you up before and after I have to head to work if you'd like," he said with a smile.

"I really don't want to inconvenience you. You're already getting me a job," I replied.

"Can you stop worrying about others and worry about yourself for a minute. I honestly have no problem with this. If I did, I wouldn't offer. Now just accept my offer woman," he said with a chuckle.

"Alright. Alright. But if it does end up being an inconvenience please tell me. I'll save up for a car soon enough, I promise," I replied.

"Relax yourself, Allison. I got you," he said, playfully shoving me. "If you'd like, I can take you to her tomorrow. I'm off, so you won't be inconveniencing me," he added.

"That would be amazing, Cade. Thank you," I said with a smile.

"Of course. Now, I say we clean this up and watch a movie? Unless you wanna kick me out?" he asked.

"I would never kick you out. I'll clear this up, you pick a movie. You down for some ice cream?" I asked.

"I'm always down for ice cream," he replied.

"Good. I'll be back in a sec," I said as I gathered up all our trash. Getting to know Cade over these past few weeks has been amazing. He's kind-hearted and caring. Tough when he needs to be but can be a child at heart. Smiling to myself, I grab the ice cream out of the freezer along with two spoons and head back to the living room.

"And what flavor are you treating me with today, m'lady?" he asked.

"Rocky road. Duh," I said as I plopped down next to him. "Have you chosen what we're watching yet?" I asked.

"I was thinking we binge Pirates of the Caribbean. Unless you wanna watch something different," he replied.

"Pirates of the Caribbean sounds perfect," I said as I tossed the blanket over my body.

"Good. Because you really didn't have a choice," he said with a laugh as he snatched the blanket away from me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, pulling the blanket back. In return, Cade pulls the blanket too forcefully and I end up on top of him because of my tight grip.

Frozen.

All I could do was stay frozen.

"You're so beautiful," he said as he pushed a few strands of my hair behind my ear. Feeling my cheeks heat up, I bite my lip and look away. Tilting my face towards him so I would be looking at him again, he said, "You're cute when you blush. Don't ever hide it." Smiling, my eyes drift from his to his lips as Cade does the same. As he closed the distance between us, I felt his soft lips on mine.

Pulling away he quickly stammered, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I don't want you thinking-,"

Placing a finger on his lips and telling him to shh, I connected our lips again as he held me close.