Five

RaeLynn knew that there was a field trip, but she wasn't in the best of spirits to go as she had caught a cold. Laying in bed, RaeLynn decided to read something or go get her something to eat. When she raised up, Emmett appeared in her room. "Emmett?"

"Edward said you wasn't at school. Thought I'll come and check up on you."

"I have a cold is all." She tells him. "You didn't have to come by."

"I wanted to be with you." He tells her as he laid by her side. "Plus, I get to know you better."

RaeLynn smiled as she grabbed his hand as they started talking about one another.
~~~
Michael walked along side Rosalie who was talking about the Bella issue. "We don't need Bella knowing..."

"Babe, Edward will bring up the fact that RaeLynn knows." Michael tells her. "We can't do nothing about it as Edward wants to have what we all have."

Alice and Jasper walked over to them. "Emmett is at RaeLynn's." Jasper tells them. "She has a cold according to Alice.'

Michael and Rosalie nodded about that. They knew that Emmett wasn't going to make it a day without RaeLynn by his side. Edward looked at them knowing they didn't like the idea about Bella knowing, well Alice did, but the others didn't. All for different reasons, but Emmett's. No one doesn't know how he feels about it as he was always with RaeLynn.
~~~
Emmett looked at RaeLynn as she slept. He has been by her side all day. Her grams knew he was there and was grateful for him. "Emmett." He turned to see RaeLynn's grams. "I want to thank you for helping me take care of RaeLynn."

"I'll do anything for her."

"I know you will." She says as she sat down with a cup of tea. "I know what you are as my grams was the love of your life. She kept a journal of how she promised to see you again."

"Yeah." He said as he sat down. "It was painful to watch her fall in love with another because of the decision she made, but you know what we are so you know what else it means."

"Your mates." She says as she took a drink. "My family may have not believed it, but I did. No I didn't want to turn or anything, but I always had this fascination about the supernatural and I have studied it. Seeing my RaeLynn happy brings me so much joy." Emmett watched as she sighed making him look at her. "She knows I don't have long and she tries to mask it with a smile."

"She always seems like the type who wants to be brave and keep going."

"That's how RaeLynn learned. Never frown or cry, be strong and happy. I know when I'm gone, she's going to need you."

RaeLynn stood near by listening. "I'll be there for her every step of the way."

"RaeLynn, honey, I know your there."

RaeLynn walked out and sat beside Emmett. "Grams..."

"Honey, when my time comes, I want you to go home with Emmett. Let him be the shoulder to cry on, but always know that I love you, my sweet little Rae."

RaeLynn nodded as she watched her grams leave. She looked down at the table as Emmett had her look at him. "I'm right here and I will not leave you." He tells her. "Always."

RaeLynn smiled as she looked to see her grams watching tv. She was going to be okay. She has Emmett in her life and she will forever be grateful for him.