𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

A cold breeze brushed her face, ruffling her hair, as she stood in front of the two pillars

A cold breeze brushed her face, ruffling her hair, as she stood in front of the two pillars. Who agreed to meet her, just near her house.

Her E/C eyes were entrancing, that it looked like it was glowing in the moonlight.

"How disappointing, your brother's disappearance certainly has made us rearrange another date." Shinobu's smile did not fade, as she stared at the female, her hold on the hilt of her sword tightened. "Master has been looking forward to meeting you."

"He is?" She was surprised, since she didn't know he wanted to meet her that badly. She did want to meet the famous Oyakata-sama, but with her brother's lack of presence she couldn't leave along with Shinobu and Giyuu even if she wanted to.

"He was curious, on why Muzan did not kill you." Giyuu stated as he stayed on alert, not letting his guard down even for a moment. "Kibutsuji would do anything, to make sure he has no loose ends."

"And you knowing him, and how he looks like should be a threat to him." The insect hashira added. "Master has asked us to escort you back home, and would be delighted to hear when your brother comes back."

" I hope. A few days have already passed, and there are still no signs of him, wherever he is I am hoping that he is safe." She muttered, and started to walk alongside her two new acquaintances. "Thank you for everything, I feel much safer in this City knowing the demons are gone."

"Do not let your guard down just yet, even if we did kill the demon in the city. Another one is bound to come running here and replace the previous demon's place." The Water Hashira said which earned him a teasing look from his colleague, and he ignored her for the time being.

Y/N who witnessed their exchange bit her lip, to stop herself from asking since it is none of her concern.

She needs to prioritize looking for B/N.

"Ara~ara L/N-san, your house looks amazing!" Shinobu complimented the other woman who gave her a smile.

"It was my parents house, we inherited it after finding out they were dead—" Y/N stated before her gaze landed on her Shoji doors.

A frown etched on her face, when she noticed it ajar. She was sure she closed it before she left, or maybe she forgot?

"Is something wrong?" Giyuu asked when he noticed her stop talking, he followed her gaze and it directed him to her Shoji doors. "Did you leave it open?"

"N-No, I-I mean yes I forgot I left it open." She stuttered as she didn't want them to worry about her, since she sometimes had the tendency to forget about things.

"Are you sure? We could check and ensure that you are safe—" The insect hashira stepped forward and opened the door wider. But she paused when Y/N prevented her from entering her house.

"It is alright, do not worry. I tend to forget about something from time to time." Shinobu still felt unsure, since she knew she was lying from her body language.

Her eyes kept darting around when she said she was going to check her house.

"If you say so, we will leave once you enter your house." The female hashira stated. "We will be back in a few days to check on you again."

" I appreciate everything the two of you have been doing." Y/N faced the two pillars who stared at her. "Thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me."

"You can thank us, by telling everything you know when you meet the master." Tomioka said before a smile was sent his way from the H/C woman.

"I will, do not worry. I will share everything I know about Muzan Kibutsuji." Y/N replied and opened her doors, and she was greeted with a dark room.

She can't deny that she was hoping her brother was here waiting for her.

"Before you two leave, how about some tea? I can make you two real quick—" She was cut off by Shinobu who placed her finger over her lips to silent her.

"Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid we must decline. Master is expecting us at Sunrise to report, and we also have another mission after this." Giyuu nodded to confirm his colleague's words.

"I see, thank you again Shinobu-san and Giyuu-san!" After those words left her lips, the two hashira disappeared in a flash, she closed her door with a sad smile present in her lips.

She wanted to sleep as she was exhausted, she walked towards her room not disturbed about how dark it was.

As she was about to open her window to let some moonlight in, she froze when she felt cold indicating the floor was wet.

When she opened it, moonlight filtered in through the open window. That it helped her see more clearly.

Her eyes scanned her feet as her blood went cold when she saw the red liquid she was very familiar with.

There was blood on the floor, and it frightened her.

Whose blood was it?

"You might be thinking who is the owner of that blood?" Something about the owner of the voice quickened her pulse, perhaps it was because she already knew whose blood it was on the floor.

"M-Muzan." Her voice cracked, and her eyes burned with tears. "W-Where's B/N?!"

"You don't have any reason to be frightened of me Y/N..." She did not remove her gaze from the floor, that she flinched away when he reached for her face.

"Now tell me, what lies have those demon slayers have been feeding my sweet little angel~"

A/N:

Updates from now on are going to depend on either Sundays or Mondays due to school works and etc. Thank you for understanding! (─‿‿─)