Overwhelming

ship; dnf
warnings; fluff, kissing, slight smut
dream smp au!!
some things are altered to make it better >:)

-

Dream hummed a quiet tune as he strolled through the community house. His eyes were peeled and on the lookout for George. As he shifted in and out of the building, he passed by familiar faces that were either on their way to sleep or on their way to cause mischief in the nighttime. He, on the other hand, hadn't intended on doing either of those.

"Hey, have any of you happened to see George anywhere?" Dream politely asked Tommy and Tubbo as he passed them on the bridge of miscellaneous woods.

"I'd check his house!" Tubbo chirped as he and Tommy headed to what he assumed may have been L'Manburg. Dream only nodded behind his white mask as he continued on, eyeing the hill that George's hobbit house hid behind.

The sun was slipping quickly behind the horizon and Dream silently hoped he'd make it to his house before it completely slipped away.

He quickly clambered up the smooth, black stone that lead to the portal to another dimension. Although this time Dream smoothly slipped past the black-purple portal and towards the tree farm. He dragged his armor clad boots across the smooth stone as he hurried towards the almost empty hills where George resided.

He kicked a pebble along the path as he strolled, picking up his hum once more. The sun was nearly gone as George's cottage fell into vision. Desperate to see the brunet, Dream reached into his satchel that he kept across his back, his hand swimming through the bag of various items. When he felt the smooth sphere that tingled in his palm, his hand ghosted from his bag and he barely payed attention to where he threw the ender pearl.

And before he could even blink, he found himself hit the soft ground outside the fence of George's cottage. He smiled to himself as his eyes darted to George, who sat perched on the top of his hobbit hole, watching what he assumed was the sunset.

"Hey," Dream greeted, watching the way George flinched at the sudden voice. "can I join you?" he asked as George glanced over his shoulder.

"Yeah, hurry. The sun is nearly gone." Dream smiled behind his mask as he hurried around the house and up the hill, taking a spot on the grassy mound next to George.

"I've been looking for you." Dream said as he leaned back on his right hand, his left snaking behind his head to un-clip his mask. George stared contently as the mask fell from his mask and to his lap.

No matter how many times Dream had shown him his face, he could never get enough.

"Really?" George finally replied as he gently grabbed his white goggles from his eyes, setting them down on the ground next to him.

"Really. Have you been here all day?" Dream asked as he glanced over at George, his blond hair swaying a bit in the process.

"Yes," George said as he exhaled heavily. "I had enough of Tommy." Dream laughed, a real laugh like no other, a laugh that rang through George's ears, a laugh that made him laugh as well. "Why were you looking for me?" George asked once their laughter died down.

"Just missed your company, that's all. Besides, it's peaceful out here."

George nodded in response as he fiddled with the blue fabric of his crewneck. "It is peaceful out here. It's like a permanent breath of fresh air." George mumbled as he glanced over at Dream, who stared longingly at the sun that was slipping away so quickly yet so slow.

"You're a permanent breath of fresh air." Dream said as he turned his gaze from the sun to George.

"Oh shut up." George said as he looked back towards the sun, silently wishing the orange hues that shone down on them would hide the pink hint that dusted his cheeks.