Chapter Two

In the main district of Tykonia, the city was unlike any other. Its towering spires seemed to reach into the high skies, and the streets were made of shining cobblestones that changed colour with the passing of the day. The buildings were adorned with intricate patterns and designs, each one more beautiful than the last. As you walked through the streets, you couldn't help but feel the presence of powerful reapers all around you. Winged beasts soared through the skies, and talking animals and extraterrestrials roamed the streets - with some souls that looked like humans. Essence weavers could be seen throughout the city, from weaving clothing for reapers to wear as cloaks or other fashions. There were also weavers creating houses in different districts, adding to the powerful and palpable aura of Tykonion weaving that enveloped the entire metropolis. The people of Tykonia were just as unique as their city, with their own cultural practices and beliefs that they held dear. It was a living, breathing place, full of wonder and enchantment.

Anyone is free to visit and live in Tykonia, as it is also the dream kingdom that many wish to live in. Reapers from the Citadel would patrol the streets at any given turn. Simz would look up and see them also perched on the roofs of buildings. The cost of living in such a kingdom was on a first come first served basis, if one was able to build their house on a piece of land that they find. No taxes were necessary either. The only requirement was that you would need to learn how to weave at a basic level. Souls that attended schooling or reaping academies were taught how to weave, but could only weave objects and barriers of their own essence. Manipulating the essence of other objects belonged to Tykonions only as they could see the threaded essence particles of existence.

As Simz and Choko walked the streets, many would turn their heads and look at the royals. Receiving bows, nods, and compliments, Choko would smile and wave but Simz despised being seen as a royal.
"Did we really have to wear our cloaks?" Simz asked his sister, looking around suspiciously.
"Relax, this is our home. We can wear our royal cloaks. Besides, they're the best! How could you not love the black and gold?"

As they walked, there was a commotion coming from a nearby restaurant. Choko had already engaged in another conversation with a store salesperson. Simz made his way over to the noise. Other reapers who were not part of the Citadel were in the building, Simz guessed they were from a guild, wielding their scythes. As they were just black-cloaked, they weren't captains nor acolytes.
Simz entered the restaurant, the blankest expression on his face.
This place was one of his favourites. The owner had studied mortal cultures this establishment would be likened to an Asian cuisine restaurant. As you'd guess, the food in the Underworld was woven using a skill whereby a trained weaver would use their essence and change their polarity to be of restoration and modelled it into food.
No animals were harmed in the making. 
Others immediately noticed his presence and made way for him. The reapers were next to notice him, sensing his presence.
"Your highness, please, this isn't a place where you should be right now."
"We will get rid of this vagabond immediately. Please make way, sir."
Both of them addressed and Simz peeked between them to see a man on the floor. The man was not in the usual cloak that most souls wore. He resembled the same clothing from the mortal realm and Simz's eyebrow raised.
"What realm are you from?" He asked the man.
The one Reaper touched Simz on the should, "Your Grace, please don't addr-"
Simz shot a stabbing look at him, his Weaver's Vision activated and began disintegrating the reaper's hand.
The reaper jerked his arm away, and the effect stopped just by his shoulder.
"You-", the man on the floor said, pointing at Simz.
"You're a royal!" The man shouted and Simz nodded, still with the same facial expression.
"Answer my question, please," he asked the man politely.
"I'm from the ninth realm."
Simz asked why he had travelled so far and the man was looking for Ogmios.
"I have a message. The Phoenix is in danger."
"That's enough!" The reapers yelled and seized the man by his arms.
"Who?" Simz asked and the reapers paused in motion.
"He'll know." The man answered with a grin on his face. Whilst most wore cloaks, he was dressed like a shinobi of the Edo era. He sheathed a dagger where you could see the tip of the blade which was blood red.
"This is Royce, a wanted criminal," a woman's voice spoke from behind him. Simz's eyes widened with surprise as he could not sense her presence. Being a Tykonion meant that Simz had a constant barrier around him as a defence mechanism. 
As the woman walked past him, her long silky black hair tailed behind her. She was tall, with Simz's head being at level with her shoulder. Her cloak was the inverse of the royal cloaks, whereby the majority of hers was gold with black embroidery. 
"An acolyte", people from the crowd whispered. She walked with determination and approached Royce.
"You've quite the nerve coming this close to the Citadel," she said with a voice that sounded domineering.
Simz remained in awe over her but just then, Choko entered the building calling out to her brother. The woman looked back at the two siblings.

"Funny, I didn't notice royals were among us," she said.
"You walked right past me..." Simz responded.
"My apologies, your Grace. I was more concerned about sensing threats."
"Implying what, exactly?" Simz said, raising his brow.
"Well, with all due respect your Grace, I'd rather not say to insult you." She smirked and Simz gritted his teeth but grinned, knowing that she was calling him weak and he so loved to prove people wrong.
"What's your name, acolyte?" he asked her and she tilted her head up with a grin.
"Tylinn, the acolyte of the First Division of the Council of Five."
"Simz Tykonion, be sure to remember the name." 
"Brother, let's leave before father notices we're missing," Choko said, pulling her brother's arm.
Simz didn't break eye contact with Tylinn, still grinning and she was too.