𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

"Girl what? Hold on. Run that shit back."

"Nigga keep up! He trynna say the contract doesn't just say marriage it says I have to have his babies!" Layla says. Her hands are shaking and she can't seem to keep her voice at her normal pitch.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Handle it. Miss 'I got it'." Dave says. Layla scoffs before looking him up and down.

"You right. See you whenever, Dave." She says and walks out to see her father barely following along with the conversation he's having, bored out of his mind. "Hey Daddy. Let me talk to you real quick." She says pulling him away without him responding to her.

"Oh thank God. That man can talk his head off. What's up, babygirl?"

"Daddy, when were you gonna tell me I had to get impregnated by this man?"

"Ulani...I was hoping you'd get to know him and eventually get to that point on your own..."

"Oh so what would you have done if we didn't get along?"

"Let you pick a new one. I don't know."

"I can't fucking believe you!"

"Language. And lower your voice, Mr. Mathaway will hear!" Marcus says. Layla steps back from him and is slightly shocked. She can't help but swallow the lump in her throat as she looks her careless father in the face.

"What about me?" Her lip quivers. "Daddy. Why are you more concerned about what Mr. Mathaway thinks than what I do? Huh?"

"This is a very important deal, Layla. Stop crying. You're acting like a little girl. Suck it up." He looks around awkwardly.

"I am a girl, Dad. I've always been. And is this  deal more important than my own happiness? Is that all it takes?! A few dollar signs to ho your own daughter out?! Fucking answer me!"

"Layla. This is not up for discussion. I allowed you to come here on your own but if you need it I'll use force." He says calmly. He refuses to look down at her as tears fall from her eyes.

"Daddy." She cries. "It's me. It's your babygirl. What do I have to do? What are they paying? I'll double it, Daddy. Please?"

"Ridiculous. Your money is already mine. I have no use for your bargain. You agreed to this and you will follow through. End of discussion." Marcus said and just as emotionless as he started he walked away the same. He took a deep breath before plastering a fake smile on his face. Layla is left behind with tears streaming down her face. As the try rolls past her mouth a grin curls at the sides of it.

The men continue their conversation and Dave soon joins them. He looks around for Layla but she's nowhere to be found.

"Hey uh where's your daughter?" Dave interrupts.

"Layla? She's just mingling with her husband." Marcus says smiling with no teeth. "Couple stuff, y'know?"

"Yeah..." Dave chuckles. His ear sharpens suddenly. "Everyone get down!" He says grabbing Marcus. Just as he says this the house is bombarded with bullets. The other men throw themselves onto the floor. The gun continues until the load is complete. Dave crawls to the window and only sees an exhausted Layla standing in front of the lawn. She notices him and calmly walks into her car keeping eye contact. She instructs Cody to drive off and that's what he does.

"Can you see who it is?" Marcus asks.

"Nah. They got away..."

"Dammit!"