01

beginning of 2020

aurora opened her eyes to look out the window next to her bed. she rolled over and checked the time on her phone 8:00 am it read, another eventful day in la. she got up and went into the bathroom. she stared at her reflection, admiring her face and body. physically she looked like a sleep deprived mess.

ping

she looked down at her phone on the bathroom counter, it was her manager. "big day, shoot with vogue at 12:00, be there." the text read, then another text followed with the adress. it had been a year since aurora's modeling career had took off. she set her phone down and made her way downstairs. her roommate emma chamberlain was filming a video today.

"oh look who's up" emma says and points her camera at aurora. she giggles and waves at the camera, emma turns off her camera. "what u got going on today?" emma says while getting things out to make herself a coffee. "photoshoot with vogue today." aurora says. "how exciting." she replies. "you wanna go to the skatepark later?" she asks. "of course ill text you when im leaving the shoot and ill meet you there." aurora says and smiles.

emma and aurora grew up together in a small town in san francisco, aurora, was from new york, but moved in with her aunt when she was going into third grade. they met in grade school and have been inseparable ever since. they moved to L.A together to persue their careers and try to "make it big". aurora is happy to have a friend like emma, emma's parents became aurora's and it made her feel loved. "want some avacado toast and eggs?" emma asks. "yes please im starving" aurora nods.

"text me when its done imma get a shower" she adds and makes her way up stairs.

***

"ah yes thats perfect!" the photographer exclaims as the camera flashes. "i think thats all we need for today thank you miss. riley." the photographer says. "no thank you for having me." aurora smiled. she makes her way over to hair and makeup. once she gets there she grabs her bag and heads to the changing room. she puts on a comfortable outfit for the skatepark and texts emma.

rory 🤠all done finally, leaving now meet you at the skatepark in 10

rory 🤠
all done finally,
leaving now meet you at the
skatepark in 10.

emma 🤰
okay bae omw

aurora slips her phone in her bag and slings it over her shoulder. she slips on her shoes and makes her way out of the building. she gets in her car and makes her way to skatepark.

   she puts the car in park and texts emma 'im here'. she pulls her visor down and flips opens the mirror. she puts her hair in a braid and pops open her trunk. she makes her way around back and gets her skateboard out. she admires the scenery around her watching all the people laugh and enjoy their time with their friends.

she walks through the gates and immediately sees a group of people, four boys and one girl. she starts to skate around doing tricks and while waiting for emma. she could feel eyes watching her. she could hear the group mumbling from across the park. "hey rora!" she hears a voice shout. its emma she comes running over with her board.

"what took u so long?" aurora asked. "i stopped for coffee" emma replies. the girls started skating around doing tricks, laughing, and having fun. then, aurora decided she wanted to try something different. she moves over to where the group of people are. she'd never been to this side of the park before so she was a little nervous. she set up her board and started to go down the hill.

of course she fell straight on her ass. "hey u okay?" she heard a voice from behind her. she looks over to see a boy, very tall curly hair, wearing a beanie and a black shirt. he comes down and helps her up. he offers a hand and she takes it. he pulls her up. "yeah im okay, I really haven't been skating that long." she smiled. that smile the boy thought.

"well you looked really good to me"  he compliments

"thank you" she accepts instead of being cocky.

"I'm vinnie" he extends his hand and she takes it in hers, shaking it.

"nice to meet you vinnie im aurora" she smiles again then staring into his eyes. "beautiful name." he pulls his hand away. "aurora!!" she turns her head away from his gaze.

"oh gosh uhm, thats my friend, ill see u around vinnie?" she smiles again and starts to jog away out of the hole they've been standing in. "goodbye aurora" he shouts a little. she finds emma and walks up to her "lets go home and take insta pics my feed has been dry" she giggles and aurora agrees.

aurorariley on instagram

liked by emmachamberlain, siennamae, and 789,674 others

aurorariley hey instagram 😆

load more
emmachamberlain the fit 😌😘
aurorariley thanks beb 🥰
siennamae how cute r u 🥺
kenzieziegler BEB U CUTE 🤠

vinnie got home and set his board against the wall in the garage. "hey vin" he turns around it was jordan "yo whats up" he replies. "who was the chick from the skatepark?" he asked and vinnie chuckled. "aurora?, i think her name was" he plays dumb. of course he remembers the girl.

"you couldnt take your eyes off her" jordan's girlfriend maddy added. "yeah its whatever I don't want to talk about it." he tries to play it off the truth is he did want to talk about it with them. he speeds passed them to his room and slams the door behind him. he slumps down in his gaming chair and opens instagram and goes to his explore page there has to be something to take my mind off her. Immediately as the screen loads the first picture is her.

buzz

aurora looked down at her phone to see a notification from instagram

vinniehacker started following you.

+a/n
hi i hope you enjoyed the first chapter. i will try and update this book every weekend. btw covid aint real in this book 💞
xoxo