Chapter Sixteen

It was close to dinner time and every one was sitting down at the dining room table. The seven guests were amazed at the quality of food that they were given and couldn't get enough.

"This food is amazing." Natsu said as he grabbed a second helping along with Sting. They were both heavy eaters due to their dragon side and would often order large qualities of food to keep them satisfied for a while.

"Lincoln is a great cook. Everyday he surprises us and even bakes us sweets." Edd said.

"He also asks what we're allergic to and our preferences so he doesn't accidentally give us something that we can't handle." Kai added in.

"So we can do the baking of the sweets together." Starfire said which Lincoln nodded to. As this was going on, the other members glanced at these seven new candidates who could possibly be added in. While Stan was thinking of introducing Lincoln to his vampire friends, Marshal Lee and Sy. But he quickly snapped his attention to the newcomers who were slowing being won over by Lincoln's good manners and cooking.

"Do you spend time with everyone Lincoln?" Raven asked.

"Yep. I don't want people to feel left out or like I don't love them." Lincoln said. 

"You never make us feel like that. You always try our hobbies and plan dates with us so we can get to know each other better." Tord said.

"Nice to see that he takes care of you all." Tanjiro said with some hidden excitement in his tone. 

"He really does. Which is why we always accept people into our small, but growing harem...if they prove themselves worthy." Dick said which brought some determination from the seven to earn their way into the harem. 

At the same time, Luan was in the living room doing her homework when she heard knocking on the door. Slowly she opened it and came face to face with her girlfriend, Maggie. 

"Hello Maggie. I wasn't expecting you today." Luan said.

"I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. I know that this is tough for you." Maggie said.

"Sigh..I can never hide anything from you." Luan said.

"Nope. If you could than who knows how long it will take for someone to figure it out." Maggie said. 

"You got that right. Anyway, do you want to come in?" Luan asked as Maggie sat down on the couch with Luan following a couple of seconds later.

"I heard that your parents really told you off for your past behaviors." Maggie said.

"Yep. I was too blind and stupid to see how my pranks caused more harm than good." Luan said.

"Why did you start doing them that big anyway?" Maggie said.

"Bullies. They always went after me for some reason and I just couldn't take it anymore." Luan said.

"That's understandable." Maggie said.

"It really is until I started to break into people's houses, terrorize my family and scare people so bad that they can never face me." Luan said.

"Listen...you can still change. Show them that the old Luan isn't coming back and that you'll change for the better." Maggie said.

"But what if that doesn't work..." Luan said before Maggie grabbed her hand and made her face her.

"Then forget about them and head towards the future with your family, friends and me." Maggie said making Luan smile. Maggie always knew how to make Luan smile and she would die before giving her up. 

At the same time, a certain bat was flying across the sky and wondered about this new handsome hunk that most of the residents were talking about and he thought:

There is no way someone like that exists.

Causing Lincoln to sneeze and wonder how was just thinking about him. As the harem members took the seven aside to talk. Leading the way for new harem members to join their ranks. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter...Bye 👋