▫ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ▫

- Sorry for the mistakes- A/N -

⚠ Warning: Inappropriate Languages ⚠

    My breath goes ragged and my eyes widen with panic as Mrs.King drops her hand, phone still in clutch, to her side.
" You called my mother, " I freaked before I emphasized, " Aiden hates my mother! "
She sighs before giving me a closed-eyed smile, " Don't worry about it, dear. "
" I should, Aiden is going to go berserk once he hears that my mother is coming! " I say rather loudly.
    Mrs.King's hand clasps around my shaky ones, " Me and my husband will deal with him, but for now lets get your stuff. "
As we quietly fold some cloths and neatly place them into a suitcase, I let out a drawn-out sigh.
" I'm sorry, " I apologized.
" For what? " She asked before taking her gaze from the folded shirt to my sadden face.
" For raising my voice, I should have und- "
" it's alright, it may not seem like it but I have been in this situation before darling. " she cuts in, her voice quieter than her usual bubbly voice.
" What do you mean? " I questioned confusingly as my unsteady fingers pinched the zipper of the suitcase and gently pulling it.
Mrs.King's lips curled up into a vague smile, " Like father, Like son. "
     My mouth opens to say something but shuts when Mrs.King's husband's voice calls out for his wife. Mrs.King's looms her head out of the wardrobe, " Yes? "
       " Mrs.May is here for Adaline. " Mr.King informs her with his usually low, toneless voice.
       " Okay, " She acknowledges him and turns to me; she makes a ' come on ' motion with her hand before she circles around and leaves out of the wardrobe. 

_______________

    I shadow behind Mrs.King, suitcase in hand, down the stairs with small quiet steps. She throws her hand in front of me, stoping us half way down the stairs. We listened as Aiden's loud muffled voice gets closer; holding our breaths as we listened.
      " Let's go before anything happens. " Mrs.King whispers as she takes my hand and slowly tugs me down the stairs. 
     My eyes thinned and I lifted my arm over my eyes; the bright rays of the sun making my eyes throb. 

      " Adaline, Where are you going!? " Aiden shouts, barging out of the front door and taking wide steps towards us.
Mrs.King pushes me behind her protectively, " Hurry, go get into the car! "
     " Adaline, bunny! "
I hear Aiden call out for me as I rushed for my mom's car; I quickly unlatched the door and jump into the car with the suitcase. My mom steps on the gas, I lurched forward at the sudden jerk of the car. I turned to look out the back window; I watched as Aiden pushes his mother to the ground and chase after the car.
     " You can't leave me Adaline, come back! " He yells, his voice distant and slightly muffled from the noise of the car. My heart wrenches as I turn back into the seat with a sad sigh.
     " It's for the best, " I whispered to myself.

__________________

  My hand's grip on the handle lightens, letting the suitcase fall with the help of gravity. My shoulders eased and my eyes bleared with descending, salty tears as a wave of safeness and relaxation washed over me. My ears twitched, perceiving the sound of the door shutting and a huff from my mother. I lumbered around to face her and preparing myself to make her more knowledgeable about the dispute.
" What the hell happened? " She fretted with a hint of bewilderment. I dragged my feet over to the dark leather couch before letting myself lose balance and plummeting onto it. I stayed quiet, trying to calm the adrenaline that fueled my rickety body at the moment. The cushion sinks beside me and my mother's arms engulfs me, along with her motherly body warmth.
" A-aiden, " I stuttered before I regain my composure and tried explaining the dispute as calmly as I could.
" Adaline, " she lamented, " you should have called me. "
" I couldn't, he had taken my phone and he still has it. " I whinged drying the tear from my tired eyes.
" hmpt, " My mother huffed before suggesting, " How about tomorrow we make a quick trip to the phone store? "
" I don't want to-"
" We need some way to keep in contact, " She interrupts, " just incase something happens."

___________________

// Written: March 12, 2021//
// Total of Words: 718 //