▫𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔱𝔴𝔬▫

- Sorry for any mistakes - A/N -

Unknown P.O.V.

    People deemed me as mad; I argued how Adaline was not killed but taken. Her poor excuse of a husband had this all planned. I just had to show them that I was right and they'll hate how they falsely accused me for being out of my mind. For weeks I have completely obsessed over trying to find her; I have done so much to complete it and I finally have a lead on where I think she is. I silently eyed cabin that rested a few feet away from me; a vague smirk graces my face as advanced towards it.
I wiggled the black bag from my shoulders, drawing a lock pick and torque wrench from it. I squat down, eye level with the door knob, and began to tamper with the lock until almost inaudible click was heard. I bumped the door with my forearm, cautiously opening the door.
The house was absent from any noise or any movement—it was so unsettling. I walked on my toes, trying to not make much noise, as I forage around the house for Adaline. I sigh, nearly surrendering, until a door catches my eye. An overwhelming feeling of the door being out of place consumed me, the feeling urging me to go towards the strange door. I outstretched my hand towards the door, giving the knob a small twist-locked?
My brows knitted as I retrieved the lock picking tools again and eagerly began to unlock the door.

Adaline P.O.V.

     My eyes snapped towards the door as the knob jangled noisily. I pushed myself from the floor and shuffled over to the door. Is it Aiden? No, he would have gotten in quicker; this person seems to be having bit of trouble.
'Click'
I took a few steps backwards, my gaze never leaving the door. The door opens with a harsh squeak, slowly revealing the person who caused the action.
"Aaron? " I breathed, eyes widen in dismay.

" Adaline, I finally found you! " He exulted, rushing over to embosom me in his arms. I nuzzled more into him, relishing the feelings of warmth and happiness of reuniting with my brother.
" How!? " I asked pulling away.
" To tell the truth, I stalked your mental husband for a bit. " He confessed with a smile on his face.
" I am so grateful, " I expressed.
" We need leave before he gets back, I parked about mile away from here. " he spoke hurriedly.
" Right! "
He captures my hand into his and tugging me out the room and the house. My nostrils cram with the ambrosial smells of damp moss and tree trunks—I'm free. How for long? What if he snatches me away again?
" Adaline, focus. " My brother's silvery voice pulls me from my worried thoughts.
" Sorry, I'm just scared. "
" I understand, but let leave before start thinking ahead. " He states, ducking under a fallen tree and waiting for me on the other side. I bobbed my head to acknowledge him as I waddled from underneath the tree.

_____________________

It's short but it's also an update. 🙌

// Written: April 20, 2021 //
// Total of words: 509 //