Chapter Two - Picasso bug

(Fall, year 830. L/n residence, wall Maria.)

I feel excitement build up when I hear knocking on the door. Today Hanji would be coming over again, which meant I would be able to talk more with her. It'd been about a week since I last saw her.

"Coming!" My father yells from his office, jogging to the door. "Why hello, Mr. Zoë!" He lifts his glasses to the top of his nose. It seemed my father was also excited to see his friend.

"Good day, say hello, Hanji," He says, looking down as his daughter. I peek my head to the door, giving a light smile.

"Hi! I hope it's okay I came again." She once again had her hair tied back, and her oval glasses. This time, she brought a mini suitcase with who knows what. "Hi, Y/n."

"Hi, Hanji." I reply, fully standing in the doorway. "Father, can Hanji come inside this time?"

"Uh- sure!" He pulls the door open fully to invite the two guests, as they welcomed into the small cottage. "We'd better get to work, girls. Tell me if you two leave the house." My father explains, before the two tall men head towards his office.

I pay attention to Hanjis reactions to the house, as her eyes met almost every item. "You live in a nice house, Y/n." She smiles, looking right back at me.

"Thank you. My rooms this way." I say, walking towards a room at the end of the hall, opening the door. "It's very boring, sorry."

"No, it's not!" Hanji exclaims, running over to the rug on my floor with the small suitcase. "Here, you said you like science, right?"

I nod, sitting a few inches away from her. "Yes, why?"

"Well, I have a few cool things I wanna show you!" They say, un-clasping the case. Click! A small noise is released as she slowly opens it. Each compartment holds a small item of some kind. Whether it's a rock, or a plant, or a bug. Everyone was unique.

My eyelids flutter at the sight of the different colors and things she had collected, as I reach a hand out to pull the case wider. It seemed the other side carried a few note books, along with notes and drawings.

"Wow... so pretty." I comment, looking up at Hanji who was smiling down at me.

"You like it?"

"Y-yeah!" My hand reaches for a small jar with a few stones inside, each a different shape and shade. "These are cool! Where'd you find them??"

"At a shop in Wall Sina. They have all kinds of crystals! They also have different plants and oils you can buy." Hanji explains, taking the little box from the corner out, and displaying it to me. "Look, this is a bug I found the other day."

It had a white base, and an wide build. The pattern was beautiful, different splotches or pinks and oranges and turquoises mirrored on each side.

"Sphaerocoris annulus is its name. It's very very small, and it seems delicate as well." She explains. "But I read that it's called the Picasso bug. It's pretty, right?"

"..yes, very very pretty." I say, still admiring the small insect. It was nothing like what other bugs I'd seen. And since it was dead, I had no issue being scared. But still, I didn't wanna touch it.

"This one reminds me of you. You're a very very pretty girl, Y/n." Hanji comments, making my face heat up a bit.

"Really?" I say quietly, looking down in embarrassment.

"Yes. I've never met such a pretty girl, actually. Just like I'd never met such a pretty bug, like this one. Although, I hope you don't take that as offense! I mean it in the best way possible." She explains.

"Thanks, Hanji. You're very pretty too."

I think it's funny, the way you told me I was pretty by comparing me to a bug. You know, you're so so beautiful, Hanji. Do you remember that? I do, vividly.

Thank you for coming back! It's been a busy week, sorry for not updating sooner. I know this is a short chapter, just wanted to have a cute moment between Y/n and Hanji. Hope you all have a great day/night. <3

- sugawarasbeautymark