Chapter Six - The letter

(Spring, 836, Wall rose, combat fields)

"Moblit, Y/n, you're partners!" Keith shouts at the two teenagers, as both of they trade glances at each other. Y/n felt a hint of disappointment at the pair.
For she knew a fight with Moblit would easily end with her standing over him, apologizing for beating the crap out of him.

Once everyone had a pair, Keith shouts to meet and prepare for combat. Y/n and Moblit awkwardly shuffle to the side of the chatty crowds, greeting each other with small waves.

"Hey, so do you want a safe word or something?" The talk boy asks the girl, patting his fists to 'prepare' himself.

"No, stop is fine." She replies to Moblit, stretching her arms out, giggling. "Unless you wanna use something fancy?"

"Ha, no that's okay." He feels a bit heated as he rubs his hands together. It felt a little weird to be in combat with such a beauty like Y/n. Especially considering they'd be so close together.

"Ok, ready?"

He nods as a response, positioning himself into an attack form, Y/n does the same. Both chuckle out of nervousness, before a move is made by Moblit.

He tries swinging an arm at her, but it's dodged completely. And then another us swung upwards, almost hitting Y/n in the jaw. But instead, he feels a sudden pain in his hip after she'd kicked him, hard.

"Ah!" Moblit moans in pain, maneuvering away from her. "You're fast!" He comments giving y/n a soft grin.

"You're just slow, Moblit!" She says back, quickly shuffling towards him, then charging a punch at his stomach. But he catches her just on time, and has a grasp on both of her hands. They're lifted up above her head, as she's forced to stare right into his eyes.

"Am I really?" Moblit sarcastically asks, as Y/n squirms under him.

"Yes!" Suddenly she kicks up, her feet pushing deep into his torso while Moblit moans in pain. After, her fists hit his sides a couple times and dodge even more attacks. And finally, he's kicked to the ground and has his hands held above his head by Y/n.

The both of them lay on the ground, sweating, panting, and smiling at each other. As it turned out, fighting Moblit was quite fun for Y/n. His personality seemed kind yet wild, which was a great look for him considering his physical appearance made him look not-so-strong.

"Gotcha!" Y/n says, hovering over his sore body. Her legs laid between his, making the both of them to blush. "Wanna go again?"

"Hm, okay. But I swear I'll beat you soon!"

- later in the afternoon, showers -

"Had fun today, didn't you?" Hanji asks Y/n from the other stall. "I saw you sucker punch that guy, like, five times."

"Mhm, it was. But he's good for training, that Moblit guy." She replies.

"Ah, yeah. He seems quite responsible, too. Do you think you'll take liking to him?" Hanji jokes, although a part of her was hoping nonchalant 'no' would be a response.

"I'm not sure, I've only known him for a little while. We've only passed a few smiles to each other and now we've beat ourselves up. But I don't think I'd mind being a friend of his."

Hanji runs their hands through their hair, washing off soap as they do so. "Well, I fought with that Miche guy. You know, the one who's a few years older than us. He seems pretty calm, actually. But he's really really strong. Almost stronger than you, Y/n!"

"Ha! Almost! I've fought with Miche before, and he's not all that strong."

"Well, yes. But you're also like a combat machine, ready to beat anyone up." They say back, as they turn off the shower faucet and throw a towel around their torso. "Anyway, I won countless times."