VII. Oops! Sorry!

Time flies so fast when you are busy on something. Who would have thought that it's December already. Christmas songs can be heard anywhere. And since I'm newbie at work, no one knows that it is my birthday today. Maybe Ms. Jeanne knows but I doubt she'll telltale, right? I hope not.

Through those three months, I learned all the things I need to learn that is necessary for my job. Paul and I became closer though sometimes, I feel a little bit awkward being with him alone especially when we go home together. Up until now, I don't have the courage to ask why he waits for me almost every day even though he can clock out at 2pm. I don't wanna be obvious or even think anything beyond that because I might reveal my feelings for him. And to avoid any rumors at work, I decided to act as professional as I can. Though sometimes, I can't hide the smile in my face everytime I see him at the factory. I can't hide the fact that I felt like I'm melting inside when he smiles brightly every time he sees me. I don't know if my feelings for him is really unrequited or his flirting at me or if this is what they called fling but what I know is, I have to hide it from any one. Or else they will think that I am easy-to-get. I don't wanna be the talk of the town because of this matter.

"What do you wanna eat for today, fish, pork or beef?" Victoria, our newly hired QC staff, asked. Stephy requested for an assistant since the factory is in full production to secure enough stocks before the annual shutdown. Checking all the products in the factory would be difficult if she works on it alone.

"I want the beef caldereta, my favorite. With one serving of rice please." Charlotte said. Our newly hired sales staff.

The three of us get close easily with each other since we are the newbie. Or maybe because we are all at the same age.

"Are you sure one rice will suffice? I know you can eat more than that." I teased Charlotte. But despite eating like a construction worker, it won't affect her figure. I envy those girls who have great metabolism like her.

"I'll take the beef caldereta with one serving of rice as well." I added. Victoria volunteered to buy the food for us today and I don't know why they are extra kind to me today. Charlotte is acting weird as well. She asked me to help her in the middle of breaktime instead of going out together.

After a few minutes, our food arrives. So we went to the QC office, which is our favorite place to hang out. Besides, there is a huge glass window in front of it so I can oversee the factory right there. While in the middle of our meal, someone knock on the door. And when I opened the door, someone has been holding the cake with candle and they started singing. I knew it! There's something wrong with these and they even connive with Paul. Of all people, why Paul? Don't tell me---

"Hey! Blow the candle! Stop staring at Paul!" Victoria said. I hate these girls! Why did they do that? And how did they know that it's my birthday today. Now how can I stop my heart from beating so fast! I swiftly blow the candle and turn away from Paul or else he might here my heart pounding like crazy.

"Don't you wanna eat your cake?" Paul asked. I don't know why but I feel so shy to look at him. There's nothing wrong with what he said and he didn't do anything aside from holding the cake but I can't help but to feel nervous. Enzey, come on! Gather yourself and eat the cake!

"O-oh! The cake. Right. The cake. Thank you for the cake." I stuttered. What's happening with you, Enzey?! How can a cake make you so nervous?

"Happy birthday, Ma'am." Paul said as he passes the cake. And like any cliché drama, my hand touches his. And for some reason, I can't remove my hand or else the cake might drop. Fortunately, Paul handed the cake properly and slips his hand carefully.

"Are you okay? It seems like your hands are trembling. Was it because of shock or is it because of too much excitement? He smiled at me as if he's teasing me. This guy is really annoying. He really knows how to flirt even at times like this.