Chapter 7

* Kate * 

Edward was of course still on his honeymoon and as much as I'd like to say the time passed , it really didn't . It was still the afternoon that I beat up the boys and I was now sitting in my room on my bed flipping through a magizine . I heard my window open and didn't look up as Kol slid inside easily and quietly . 

" Look what the wolf dragged in . " I muttered , not even looking up from my magizine .

Kol huffed and sat down on the edge of the bed next to me , but I brought my leg up and pushed him off , causing him to land on the floor with a thud .

" Dammit ! " he muttered under his breath as he got up and dusted himself off . 

" You had no right to stake me ! " he finally said .

I looked up at him and arched an eyebrow .

" Yeah I did . You were being stupid . " I said , crossing my arms .

" I was .... mad . " he stated .

I rolled my eyes .

" Naw . I would've never guessed . " I said , sarcastically .

He ran a hand through his hair in frusteration and I looked up at him amused .

" You think this is funny ?! Pressing my buttons ! " Kol demanded .

I laughed .

" Yup . It brings me incredible satisfaction to know that I'm the only one that can . " I smirked , finally closing my magizine and giving him my full attention .

He sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed , once again . 

" Something else has you upset . " I replied , knowing that I was right .

He looked over at me and I shrugged with a sigh of my own , sliding his jacket and shirt off as I massaged his shoulders gently .

" Tell me what's bothering you. " I said gently .

" How do you do that ? " he muttered. 

" What ? " I asked innocently .

" Go from a deadly paranna to a cute kitten . " he said , leaning forward so I could massage his shoulder blades .

I laughed. 

" Same way you change the subject . Now spill . " I sid .

" Just family troubles. And I'm worried about you . " he said .

" Why ? I think I can take care of myself . "

" It's just ..... "

" Just what ? " I asked, pressing harder for answers from him .

" Complications . " he said .

" Well , I should go take a breather before I lose my temper again and you should do the same . I'll see you at dinner. " I said as I slid off of the bed and walked downstairs and out the door .

I was walking through the woods when I heard footsteps behind me . Surely I'd been alone when I left the Cullens . I whirled around and saw a man with dark hair . When he saw me , his eyes got wide .

" Impossible . " he murmered , looking at me .

I cleared my  throat . 

" Forgive me . You just .... look like someone. My name is Elijah . " he said looking at me intently .