Chapter twelve: Just a little more time

Marinette's POV

A few days have passed since we last fought off a villain.

A few days since we heard the news that one of our classmates got hit by a vehicle in the sudden heavy rain,

A few days since Cat Noir and Ladybug met the new supposed hero, Calyx.

I don't know how to feel about everything that has been going on. Someone new suddenly coming in to join Cat Noir and I, especially after what has happened with Volpina, I mean, this could just be another trick hawkmoth has up his sleave to try and get our miraculous.

However, she did help us during our last battle, maybe she's here to help? No strings attached. No akuma.

NO! She probably just wants us to think this way.

I throw my hands up in frustration, letting them land on my face as I sit behind my desk. I have been sitting here for about 30 minutes now just trying to distract myself from everything. I tried reading through some schoolwork but couldn't get myself to focus. Designing something new was also not working as my mind was just being clouded with thought trying to make sense of everything. Us moving, Calyx, Cat Noir, Adrien, my friends, my LIFE.

I haven't heard anything recently form my parents about when exactly we would be moving though as we were supposed to do so by the end of last week. I have been too afraid to ask about it also, in case I would just cause the process to happen faster.

Something in me is hoping that they just magically forgot about moving in the first place, but I know that might be too far-fetched.

I feel tears starting to sting at my eyes which were still being shielded behind my hands,

"Marinette?" I hear a small familiar voice laced with worry call out to me. "Are you okay?"

I try to respond to Tikki. I try to form a response that sounds believable to both of us, but I couldn't. Instead of forming words, I found myself lowering my hands with tears slowly starting to stream down my cheeks as I did so, allowing my eyes to meet Tikki's big, worried ones.

All I felt were her tiny hands on my cheeks as she brought her little head against mine. I let my head meet hers as I just allowed the tears to continue to stream down my face.

-

"Marinette, Honey, can you come down please?" I hear my mom call from downstairs.

Slowly rising my head up from my desk, I suddenly feel a sharp pain shoot through my neck as I do so. I probably should not have rested my head on my desk for so long.

Still feeling the slight puffiness of my eyes, I gently get up from behind my desk in order not to wake Tikki as she was sleeping now.

I head down to where my parents were in the living room with sad smiles on their faces as they looked at me. Without saying anything, I just went to sit down on one of the chairs and looked at them, waiting for what they had to say.

"We are so sorry, Marinette. All this news about us moving must have been a lot for you to take in," My mom started.

"We should have realised that it may be hard on you having to say goodbye to all your friends and what you are used to here," My dad continued. "We should have planned everything better, even if the decision to open a new bakery branch is a great idea, we should have made sure that our daughter was aware of the situation on time as it would not only affect us but her a great deal as well."

I could feel my breath hitch in my throat as my dad was saying all of this to me. Becoming more and more anxious as to what this conversation was leading to. "Are they planning on cancelling the expansion idea? I don't want that!" I'm happy for them I truly am, I just- wished it didn't involve us having to leave everything we have here.

"We want to make sure you know that we are not leaving Paris forever, we are just going to set up everything and thought it be best if we do so together." My dad went on, gently taking one of my mom's hands in his. "It would make us a lot happier if we don't cause you sadness by suddenly dragging you halfway across the world in such a short notice."

I could feel my eyes widen as I wait for what is about to come next.

My mom smiled a bit wider at my reaction before speaking herself. "That's why I will be going first to arrange everything. You and your father will stay here a bit longer to give you more time to say goodbye to your friends for now. We really hope this will cheer you up a bit, your father and I-"

My mom was startled by the hug I wrapped her and my dad in after hearing everything.

"Thank you" I almost near whispered with tears in my eyes.

Both of my parents didn't say anything anymore as they also just wrapped their arms around me.

I get to stay. Just a bit longer, I get to stay.

-

Adrien's POV

Two days...

Two days since M'lady and I made up.

Two days after meeting the girl clad in a chameleon themed suite, Calyx.

Two days since there has been an Akumatisation.

And I'm... bored.

Not like I want someone to get akumatised but it would be nice to get out again, feel the cool breeze jumping from one building to another and most importantly spending time with Ladybug. Maybe there is something, anything that I can do which could cause her to stay.

I feel a pang in my chest with the thinking again of Ladybug leaving Paris, leaving me.

Sprawled out on my bed, I was left with thoughts of everything and nothing specifically all at once.

I had already completed my schedule for today. Chinese lessons, piano lessons and a last-minute test-photoshoot for one of father's ideas for his new collection.

Plagg was not too far from me, taking a nap on one of the pillows. I'm sure he didn't mind the last few days not being very eventful. Thinking back at the times he did complain made me chuckle a bit.

I bring my hand up to where Plagg is and gently pat his head.

"Get some rest, bud." I say as I'm left there with my thoughts.

Suddenly I remembered the fact that Marinette will probably be leaving soon. I felt a bit of sadness as the realisation hit that we probably won't see or hear much from each other after she leaves.

Even though Marinette and I barely speak or have actual conversations with each other, I have come to know that she is a really caring person. She may express herself in weird ways at times but that's what makes her personality even more admirable at times.

The thought of having her as a friend made my lips curl into a small smile.

What do you get a friend who's leaving? Do you even get them something?

I flung my arm over my eyes as I let out a sigh pondering on the new thought, I just added to the ones I already had.