Chapter ten: Choking is no joking matter

Reader's POV

"Haha, yes very funny Chamy."

I told the little flying chameleon themed kwami as he also let out his own laugh he had apparently been holding too since he flew into my pocket on the roof.

How in the world did I not notice what I was wearing since. Ohwell.

I allowed what happened not too long ago to sink in as I was sitting on my bed with Chamy, who's laughter was dying down, hovering not too far away from my face.

Does this mean that I'm Paris' new hero?

Ladybug and Cat Noir. The ones I helped to fight off that villain today. What was his name again? Hmm... Never mind.

"Heey Chamy," I paused to see whether he was paying attention, which he was, and continued, "do you know anything about Ladybug and Cat Noir? Apart from the fact they are apparently Parisian superheroes."

Chamy's face expression was thoughtful for a few seconds, and answered shortly after.

"Well...," he started, "personally, I've never met Ladybug and Cat Noir before. Today was my first time actually meeting both the bearers of their miraculouses."

I looked at him, listening to every word.

"You see, most of us kwami's are not usually given out anymore because of the bad and selfish intentions of human beings. Instead of using the abilities we give them to help and keep others safe, they use it against their own kind for power, lust and selfish needs." Chamy said with a sad smile on his little face.

"You said it was your first time to meet Ladybug and Cat Noir? Does that mean that kwami's and miraculouses have been around for awhile?"

"Oh we've been around for a very long time (Y/N)."

And that's how it kept going back and forth between me asking some questions I could come up with about miraculouses and their existence and Chamy answering them, and before we knew it the place was turning dark signifying evening time.

"-So if Ladybug and Cat Noir have the 'lucky charm' and the 'cataclysm', right? Does that mean that I have a special power too?"

"Well-"

"(Y/N), I ordered some Chinese food for dinner!" Abré called from downstairs. Ooh food.

Only realising how hungry I was after Abré called me to go eat, I wasted no time getting up and heading downstairs.

"You'll explain to me later okay." I say to Chamy as I start making my way to my room door receiving a nod from him in return.

In no time I reached my destination. The Kitchen.

"Wow. That was pretty fast" Abrè says a little taken aback.

"Here," she says passing me two plates which had two spoons and a dishing spoon on it, "take this to the dining table."

I give her wide smile and eagerly take the plates to take them to the dining table but stop right after from taking to where I was supposed to. I don't know where it is.

"Uuhm.. Abrè?" I trailed causing Abrè to give me a sad smile and pointed in the direction of the way I just used to walk into the kitchen.

"Just make your way towards the doorway close to this one into the living room and you'll see the table on the other side of the room," she directed me and I just gave a nod in return.

It was nice having dinner with Abrè. She made some jokes of which one caused me to nearly choke on a rice seed.

Taking the first few bites of my food wasn't the easiest thing to do. Eating rice with chopsticks is hard okay. Even harder since Abrè kept on cracking jokes on how I ate with my chopsticks.