Chapter four: Ladybug leaving?

Reader's POV

It's a Friday afternoon. Most people would want to be home or do something fun but noooo not me. I was stuck sitting in detention because of my so called 'little stunt' yesterday.

Uggh.... Abré said she won't tell mom or dad when they come home only if I would offer to stay in detention for my 'unnecessary rude behaviour'.

I know, weird right.

Anyway, even though Miss Bustier said that my behaviour towards the situation was understandable, I still HAD to insist.

I looked out of the window and saw some kids playing and having fun with each other. I let out a frustrated sigh and used my fist as a head rest and continued looking at the children enjoying their day. "Where is freedom when you need it" I grumbled. It didn't take too long after I saw Agreste walk into the classroom.

"What are you doing here?" we asked each other at the same time. I rolled my eyes at that and turned to look out of the window again. Miss Mendeleiev was the one in charge of watching us in detention today. Well I can't really say watching since she's asleep.

We sat there for like a hour without saying a word to each other so I decided to break the silence.

"Sooo....what brought you here?" I asked him, still looking out of the window.

"Well, let's just say that I didn't get a warm welcome when I got home yesterday." I snorted at that reliving the welcome I got when I got home yesterday receiving a "mmmh.....keep quiet!" mumble from Miss Mendeleiev causing both Adrien and me to laugh.

"Wanna do something after this?" he asked, gesturing towards the class as in 'after detention'.

"Hmmm...I don't know" I hummed " I don't think I should be hanging out with a rebel" I said finally turning to him and folding my arms.

"Well....I should have expected such response from a 'Goody two shoes' " he shrugged playfully.

"Hey!" I said pushing his arm lightly.

"Now, if you don't mind I'm gonna go now. I don't think Miss Mendeleiev would mind me leaving two minutes early, would she now?" I said sarcastically.

"Awh....don't you think it will get you in trouble?" he asked trying to hold in a laugh. I rolled my eyes, grabbed his arm and walked out of the class.

"Soo...what now? Go get some ice cream?" Adrien offered when it slowly but gradually started raining.

"What the...?!" I said looking up confusingly. "Just my luck" I grumbled when I saw an old man holding an umbrella crossing the road not noticing the car coming his way. The rain was coming down a lot heavier now and I wouldn't blame the driver of the car for not seeing the old man even though I was surprised that I could see what was about to happen from this distance if someone didn't do something quickly.

I thought about helping the man and also tried thinking about the consequences I might face but before giving it a second thought I was running under the rain towards the old man. I heard Adrien yelling "(y/n) what are you doing?!" as I was running but I didn't give what I was about to do enough thought, nor did I care at the moment as I jumped and pushed the old man out of the way not being able to save myself in the process and suddenly felt a sharp hit in my side. The last things I could remember hearing and feeling were screeching tires, my body rolling on the ground and my name being yelled and everything after that went blank.

(Earlier that day)

​​​​​

Adrien's POV