20

"Thank you, Miss Winston."

I heard Miguel's humble words as I woke up groggy from the anaesthesia. I had decided child birth and I would not be having a relationship ever again. Three children in our house was enough, no matter how much Miguel wanted more. He could adopt.

I sat up slowly and saw the swaddled bundle in Miguel's arms, pink beanie blocking me from seeing her face. Miguel's eyes were focused on our daughter as he stroked her cheek gently. He smiled when he noticed I was awake and he moved from the chair to the edge of my bed.

"She's beautiful just like her mami." He said as he laid her in my arms. "Don't scare me like that again."

"Don't knock me up again." I replied as I brushed the blanket back to see her face completely.

She was gorgeous and I felt like I could stair at her all day and not notice the world go by. She stirred as the door opened loudly and I got a glimpse at her hazelnut eyes before they closed again in sleep. I looked to see who had come in and quirked an eye brow at Marcus as he held a large pink balloon and basket.

"Pink's your colour." I teased as he smirked and brought the gifts over to the table beside me.

"If you're going to be mean I'll just take this with me." He said pulling a piccolo bottle of wine out of the basket.

My eyes lit up at the quarter size bottle of vino I hadn't had in months. I grabbed it from him hand and looked at the Lanson Black Label.

"Thank you." I grinned before passing it to Miguel to open.

Marcus smiled back and reached in to the basket and grabbed two crystal stem glasses and I looked between them bottle and glasses.

"Did you think I was going to share?" I laughed. "I have waited almost 19 months to enjoy a glass. I would even drink from the bottle at this point."

They ignored me aside from the humorous looks they shared and poured a glass for Miguel and I. As I sipped the glass and hummed in appreciation I noticed Ellie leaning in from the doorway. She had hospital scrubs on and I frowned.

"You're working?" I asked.

"I wasn't meant to start until next week but I wasn't going to let you go in there alone." She smiled.

"I heard it was quite the argument she put forth." Miguel smirked and I wanted to know what she said.

"She has her fathers determination, that's for sure." Marcus agreed with a grin.

I was surprised that he knew her father but then again I had seen him speaking to the Sons of Anarchy before. They had seemed close back then too. I yawned as my body still fought to get the anaesthesia out of my system and Miguel waved everyone from my room. He climbed onto the side of the bed, careful not to hurt my stitches, and slipped his arm under my head.

"Sleep, mi amor." He cooed softly and I drifted off once more.

}~{

I woke up to Amadita's cries and found Miguel missing from his side of the bed. Since I was already awake I got up and followed the cries to her nursery. I was about to enter when I heard Albert call out from his room. I made the detour and found him hanging over the side of his cot.

"Miguel!" I called out.

Since my stitches were still less than two weeks old I wasn't able to lift Albie's weight yet. Miguel's quick footsteps came across the hall and he froze as he saw me keeping Albert balanced on the top for the cot bars. He smoothly moved Amadita to one arm and lifted Albert effortlessly off and to the floor.