1.2

He had bright blue ocean eyes, kinda like two whirlpools. He had a sleek facial bone structure and white stunning teeth that shone when he grinned and short hazel brown hair.

He smirked. "I have to stay another night? Is my presence that loved?"
I stared a bit, his words later caught up with me.
"Oh", I chuckled. "It's just to monitor you. That's all." _Keep it professional Aqua_ , I thought to myself. "Your health is our prime priority."

He smiled at me and I did the same back then left the room to give Dr McCarthy the files from my office. 

*In his office*

"Here the files you wanted. Short brief", I placed the papers on his desk as he turned on his chair to look at me.
" Well it's about times. I've been asking for them since last week."
    "I've been..."
"Busy?" He completed my sentence. "Yes. I know." He stood up and opened the files the walked over to me. "How do you pronounce this?"

He pointed at a patient's name from the folder.
"Daedoloötaï Mentūalquineé", I said to him.
    " Heart transplant huh. Once again, another successful operation for Dr Zaire." I chuckled.
"You know, you could be a specialist in surgical operations like this. You're good."
I smiled. "You think the head physician can promote me."
   "Well.....not her. But I certainly would", he grinned at me.
" Meh, well, you what they say, if you do what you live, you'll never work a day in your life."

We both chuckled and I left his office.
As I went down a hallway, I passed Edith walking pass me with a tray of food in her hands. After five hours (4.25pm)  of being cooped up in my office and tending to other patients, Edith, once again came running to me in a hurry.

"Dr Zaire! I can't find Mr Balthazar!"
I was still tending to a child who had an open wound on his arm. "Who Keith?"
"Yes. Him!" I have no idea where he is."
"Did you check outside. He couldn't have gotten far."
"I did. No where to be found."

I finished treating the child and left him with his mother in the room. Then I ran to the OR where I had left Keith......He really wasn't there. 

Suddenly Martha walked in. Here black African hair tied under a hair net. She walked in my with a clipboard and pen.

"It's okay Aqua", she said. " It happens. Was he treated?"
   I hesitated. "Yes but..."
"But nothing. As long as he was medicated with the proper facilities, we'll file it in as dismissed."

I stood there with Edith next to me with her hand on my arm as Martha left. He just...escaped. How. And....why.
If I remember correctly, drips were still attached to him. How could he possibly..... I looked down at the floor and saw tiny droplets of blood leading to the window.....can't be. It's a 50 metre drop.

It was hard for this sink in. I've never lost a patient. Ever.
Later, at around 9pm, Edith helped me tidy up the room. And I tended to my last patient of the day.

       *_A Month Later_*