Chapter 3

"NO. NO PLEASE NO!!!!!" I screamed as they tortured me. Amber laughed pouring petrol on me and lighted a match.
"Goodbye. Aqua", said Blaire as Amber tosses the lit match at me and my body started to burn.  I watched Keith through the flames and he had a disappointed look on his face. He was staring right at me with his ocean blue eyes shining through the fire. " KEITH!!!" I cried.

"AQUA!" I woke up to Blaire's hand on my shoulder trying to calm me down as I hurriedly sat up straight breathing heavily. I moved my hair from my face. Standing in front of me was Amber who leaned against a peach coloured wall. It was then I realised, I was in a different room. A brighter one too. But I looked out the window which one as now at might height (still with butler guards) it was dark outside.
The bed I was on was soft and lavender purple. The room was small, all it had was a bed, closet and dressing table with a mirror.

Blaire stroked my arm. "Aqua, you're okay."

I nodded. Still confused and frightened of my dream.

"Are you sure", she asked.

"Blaire it was just a nightmare. No need to baby her", said Amber.

I laid my head back down on the white pillow. " Where am I? "

"Your new bedroom. So says Ace", said Blaire with a smile on her face.

"So Ace suddenly decides to give the princess a better room. Bigger in fact. Pshhh." Amber closed the door behind her as she left.

"Don't mind her", Blaire tried to comfort me. But I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.
Just because they got me a new room, I hope they don't expect me to like them any more. It still felt like a prison. I'm only here to serve my time that I have no idea how long it is. 

I faced away from Blaire and I'm pretty sure she got the hint to leave.
She stood up and left the room. As she went out, Ace came in with a sandwich on a glass plate in his hands. 

I turned to look at him as he sat down next to me and placed the plate beside me. " Here", he said trying to sound nice.

I looked at the sandwich. It was an ordinary sandwich.... Well at least it looked ordinary. It had lettuce, cheese, tomato and cucumber in it.

"I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten in a while. At least take a bite."

"I said I'm not hungry."

Actually i was starving but how sure was I that it's not poisoned. Probably an easier way of _getting rid of me_.

"Alright then", he ran his fingers through his hair then reached for a box under the bed. I thought he was gonna pull out a gun. But it was another medical box.  " Mind if I take a look at the wound."

I stretched out my leg on the bed and he took off the bandage. It did hurt.
"So what, you first shoot me then you decide to treat me?"

"Hey. Let me help you okay. It wasn't my intention to shoot you." He applied an ointment on my wound.

"Really", I sarcastically said.

He looked up at me as he rubbed the ointment into the wound.

" Mmmh", I groaned in pain. The wound sent a jolt of pain thought my entire leg.

"Sorry bout that though" he chuckled. "I'll admit, shooting you was a thrill."

"Why", I was confused. He didn't mean to shoot me but yet he enjoyed it. Wow. Apology totally accepted.

"No no, I didn't mean it like that", he laughed. " In this whole....mafia shit, I'm more of the inside man. I give out orders. I rarely get to fire a gun unless it's a shooting range which I only do downstairs. So I'll admit. It was fun, but that doesn't mean I don't feel bad."

"Do you people _ever_ feel bad?"

He chuckled. "Of course we do. Just...we're not very expressive. Damon and Amber to be exact. You can never read off their expression. You'd think we have no emotion at all...but actually....we care for the ones closest to us."

"Well that's not alotta people.

"Precisely", he said. " Less feelings, More life. They say... You live a better life when you have nothing to lose. And it's better that way."

I chuckled as he wrapped my thigh with a new bandage. The bleeding has stopped completely. I thanked him as he went to the door. 

He smiled then closed the door behind and him. I realised a bit later that he hadn't locked it.