𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷 𝖂𝖔𝖗𝖉

𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

It felt weird. I've liked Lily for as long as I can remember! I mean, how couldn't I?

She's smart, funny, drop dead gorgeous and overall amazing!

Well....

That was until last summer.

The summer that he came into my life.

The best summer of my life.

♔ ⚯͛ △⃒⃘ ➵ ♆

I was sat alone in the Head Boy and girl's compartment, reading for God knows what purpose. Almost certainly just to try and forget the fact that I was halfway to whipped for my best friend's brother.

How is that out of all the Marauders I generally have the best home life and yet I'm still so messed up?

There was no spell nor potion that could help me in this one...

I was completely and utterly screwed.

Quite literally.

𝙎𝙞𝙧𝙞𝙪𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

James hasn't been himself. He's usually cheery and happy but this time he's the opposite.

He's acting more to himself and depressed than normal, hell, even talking about Lily won't cheer him up! He just seems less attached to his surroundings than he did during the summer.

The summer.

It makes me wonder if something happened during the 2 months that I don't know about.

But what could be so bad that he couldn't tell his best friend?

Sure I broke Reggie out of the shit hole I used to call home but, can he really be upset about that?

Come to think of it, Regulus did seem a bit off as well.

Had something happened? Had mother and father finally forced him to get the mark?

Had I got him just in time or was I too late? I don't know what I was thinking leaving him there when I ran away!

I was sat alone in a compartment. Alone with my thoughts of the summer's events.

James was Head Boy, Remus was a prefect, Reggie was a prefect but even so he'd go and sit with his wannabe Slytherin death eater gang and Peter was with his Hufflepuff hottie.

I was happy that James got Head Boy! Really I was but since the end of summer I just wish I'd get to spend more time with him and try to find out what's wrong with him!

I don't want to see him upset.

He's basically my brother.

So how could I?

𝙅𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I can't be bothered to go to Hogwarts.

I can't be bothered to face Lily.

I can't be bothered to be Head Boy.

I can't be bothered to face Regulus.

I just want to go back home and hide myself in the velvet sofa cushions.

It's just me, Remus, Lily and a few other fifth year prefects, who are quite blatantly trying to show off to us.

I'm not paying much attention.

In fact I'm not paying attention at all, they're just doing a very bad job of acting normal. Remus on the other hand, is lost in the pages of Pride and Prejudice. I wish I could just open a book and disappear in it but, alas, that isn't how the world works, I found that out the hard way.

Why is my life so shit?