𝐯 𝐢 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐢 𝐧 𝐨 𝐯 𝐞 𝐦

S E L C O U T H
(adj.) unfamiliar, rare, strange and yet marvellous

• • •

"I hate all the Scarlett's," Lorenzo admitted with such confidence. "Especially the one Dominic dated." Wait -- hold up, reverse.

"What?" I asked with pure shock and confusion and Lorenzo jerked his brow.

"And you didn't know about it, he's going to kill me," Lorenzo nodded to himself and I actually can't comprehend this. "But, yes, he dated the other one, uh, Marissa or something." Fucking bitch.

"Maria," I corrected him and he nodded as he clicked his finger.

"Yes, Marissa." I--okay, nevermind.

Why am I even bothered... maybe because Maria is one of the biggest bitches I know; probably one of the biggest bitches know in history.

"You know, I thought you and my brother were a--" I looked at him and he shut his mouth instantly. "--guess not," He tongue poked out as his licked his bottom lip. "But please, tell me he isn't hopping from one sister to another." He rolled his eyes with disgust and I raised my brows, taking a sip of my wine.

"I can't tell you that even if I wanted to," I've been wondering it myself.

"Can I tell you something, Amara?" He put down his glass, sitting up as he intently looked down at me.

"Go ahead, Lorenzo." I smiled as I rested my left jaw on my fist, looking to my right as he watched him.

"Dominic may seem like a dick, but he is a good guy," He told me and trust me, I know. "I apologise, he's acting up because of me, I tend to have that effect on him," I wonder what has happened between them that Dominic dislikes Lorenzo so much. "And he might also think that I'm going to steal you from him, therefore, bringing along Mila, pushing you away... he's always been insecure." I eyed Lorenzo, puzzled he waited for me to reply.

"How do you know that?" I asked him confused and he shrugged.

"He's always been insecure growing--" That does make me feel bad, it really does but that's not what I'm on about.

"Not that," I stopped him. "How do you know he's pushing me away?" My question made him bite down on his bottom lip like he just messed up.

"Um..." He awkwardly smiled.

Oh, shit.

"The fucking roses." I knew something was off about them.

"You are a smart girl, Amara." He smiled down at me proudly and I furrowed my brows looking at him disappointedly.

"What is it, a camera?" I asked him dead straight and he nodded with a proud little smirk. "Is there anything else I should know?" I asked him with a brow raised and he gave me a little smile.

"Not for now." I guess Dominic and Lorenzo do have something in common after all, they're both mentally children. "But back to the point, he needs to know that I won't steal you from him -- even if I wanted to because I do not believe in love." He admitted casually and I tilted my head, examining his sharp features.

"And why is that?" A lot of people don't want to fall in love, yes, I know that but don't believe in love? That's new.

"Because it makes you weak." Hit the bullseye.

"But don't you think that sometimes love can make you stronger?" It definitely made me stronger.

His eyes softened as he made intense eye contact. "Maybe," He muttered as he sighed. "You seem to know much about this, don't you?" He asked and I sniggered, looking at my wine, swirling it in the glass.