𝐬 𝐞 𝐱 𝐚 𝐠 𝐢 𝐧 𝐭 𝐚 𝐧 𝐨 𝐯 𝐞 𝐦

A N A G A P E S I S
(n.) no longer feeling any affection for someone you once loved.

•   •   •

"I've met Atlas before," Lorenzo told me after a short silence since we got in the car. "I know he's Sorrento's son... my father knew everything about everyone, at some point Sorrento and Mattias were friends... Atlas and I used to play together as kids but I barely remember it, I read it my father's journal," I cannot comprehend this.

"What the fuck." I muttered underneath my breath with my eyes closed and suddenly, I felt his hand slip into mine, grabbing it tightly.

"Atlas is Sorrento's illegitimate son, once he reached an age of understanding things, he refused to stay with his father. He felt guilty for leaving his mother in the conditions they lived in, let's not forget his half sister that was abused by their step father..." I could see it sickened him, the way he spoke, the way he held my hand. "Atlas was a very troubled person — still is. I thought he died too but when the whole situation in Allora happened, I didn't know you knew him. Flavio and I researched on him, found out about your history together," He sounded bitter but pushed it away. "How he played his way into the Torres, into becoming a crooked FBI agent, into the Augustines." So many questions, so many thoughts.

"Flavio knew?" I asked, how long has he known before I told him?

"Yes," Lorenzo breathed out, nodding slowly. "Do you know the Augustine's?" Lorenzo asked and I shook my head.

"No."

"Amias and Mattias were best friends, they started this 'family' with all the leaders and certain selected people in it; they should've known that it wouldn't work. Salgado and Amias got into an argument over power, leading it to Mattias siding with Amias and Sorrento with Salgado... the group splitting up quiet quickly," He told me, I had no idea. "Atlas used to know all about it, his father involved him in everything at a young age, when he 'died' he must have restarted the Augustine... we need to find out who's a part of it. We have some moles within our group." Fuck.

"That's why Atlas knew everything I do, who I'm with... where I am." I muttered and Lorenzo glanced at me.

"What?" He asked.

"He called me, told me I have an hour to meet him or he'll kill Vio and Dominic." Lorenzo grinned but I could see the anger he suppressed.

"I am — no." He sighed, taking in a deep breath right away. "We're getting everyone together, he's dead."

"It's three in the morning, what's so important?" Mason muttered, yawning as he plopped down on the couch in our safe house.

Wow, I haven't been here since before our Italy trip.

"I know, what's going on?" Cesar whined and I ignored all of them, able to convince Atlas to give me another hour.

"Murder." Alec spat as he cleaned his guns, his knife collection on the side. Yeah, he knows as well now.

"There's about sixty of our men on their way to the location, me, Angelo, Wade and Storm are heading there right." Roman informed Lorenzo who nodded.

"Stand back until further instructions, most likely there'll be no need for open fire if we sort things out internally." Lorenzo told him and Roman nodded, heading off, everyone else in the room confused.

We explained the whole situation to everyone, considering the fact most of us went to high school together with Atlas, they were all pretty pissed.