#7

It has been three days since Adam and Esther left for Nigeria, we had the chance to say a proper goodbye before they left for the airport (Where they insisted I shouldn't follow).

Although, It didn't seem like there wasn't any better way of saying goodbye to the people you love than kissing their heads and simultaneously hugging their heads, I still wanted to be there when their plane took off.

But I couldn't. They insisted I'd start a crazy cry and probably hold on to their legs like a five year kind, begging that they'd stay.

What can I say, they might just be right. When I put in the final touches of the books Dad had brought in earlier last night together, I couldn't help but Flash through the little scene Adam made before leaving.

He had kissed my forehead, and left the words; "The people that love you, are closer than you think."

I tried to think of it as his kind of fruity words that he whispers every now And then, but I don't get why my conscience keeps causing my heart beat, and whispering crazy suggestions into my head.

The conscience can be a strong thing, but at times it overreacts ever so seriously. And I'm guessing this is one of those times.

After successfully taking the things I need for school into one piece, I followed the steps to the living room,where I pumped into dad in the last bite of his sandwich. After staring for a while, he pushes a plate towards me, it contained another sandwich.

"Good morning Vera." He said, wiping the food stain beside his mouth. "Ready for school?"

"Yes, but. I think I can walk." I say in a shaky voice, one that desperately wanted his love again, and the kind that didn't want to see him.

"Really? I've only been two nights away and you're already familiar?"

"Adam...And Esther. They both showed me around. And...SA's not so far away." I maintain a nonchalant voice, still standing by the edge of the island like I was his prisoner.

"Well, Vera, this place isn't as safe as it seems. They're allooooot of teens your age out there that still act like they didn't get a good home training."

I see him turning his tux over his shoulder before letting it slide down his arms and lands on his back.

"Maybe...they didn't. Maybe they didn't have the family they wanted." I spoke and he was drawn by my words. We maintain eye contact for a while before he washed off his guilt.

"Ciara...Vera-"

"Vera" I corrected, suggesting the name he was very used to.

"Vera. I'll drop you off. And maybe when you've stayed at-least three weeks, then you can walk." He grabbed his suitcase and pointed at the door. Today, begging a Monday, required he wouldn't go  to work on uniform, so he had on a standard blue tux and a black briefcase, and probably with a gun in between his belt. I trailed out.

***
"Alright that's a wrap. And remember! Your projects due tomorrow and it takes fifty percent of your grade this year, we don't want to start another semester with detentions and shitty grades."

Even when the people seemed like they didn't give a damn about what the elegant teacher yelled out before the class, he still stressed on this project beings important.

And it was all so strange to me. I never got to know about the Founding Fathers, and I also didn't get the chance to ask any questions about it during the class, entirely because I was nowhere near earth during that class.

I managed my way through the mob of the teenagers that looked like they were my age, but looked like people from another planet. Some had perfectly white skin and flawless figures, while others had unhealthy skin and uncertain body type.

All, different.

There were blacks there but, I still felt like a prey as they chatted and laughed with the whites like they were bound with bloods. Literally. I could see three girls across my locker mouth talking their way to laugher.

I was already done getting the books I needed for Ap biology before my name was abruptly called.

"Ciara?" After a second, "wasn't it?" wondering who it was that knew my name I was faced with the guy I met at the ice cream store days ago when I turned.

He maintained a smile until I assured he wasn't talking to the wrong person.

"Um..yes," I smiled back, looking at him in a little angle of elevation.

He moved closer. "You didn't happen to see Drew around did you?" He whispered, I immediately remembered the person I now suppose was 'Drew' and him asking me about his sent and laughed manically.

"For now, no."

"Good." The laughter dies for a second. "So...off to Ap I guess?"

"Yeah...."

"Oh I know cause I saw you in History class. Means we're in the same Biology class. You me, and everyone else in class." I shut my locker and we started walking.

"Why?"

"Well, we once had this Lazy shitty principal that didn't really like her job. And when students came into the school for history but not sociology, she was just too lazy to fill them into various other classes. So....you do history, you do bio."

We were at the hallway, not minding that the bell rang walking steadily toward class as other teens rushed passed us.

"Well that's just cruel." I commented, adverting my eyes from his muscular side view.

"Well, I wouldnt say, she is, but....it's a part of her...she isn't always like that so..."

"You sound like you know her." He whined again.

"Well...everybody calls her Mrs. shitty, I call her mum so..yeah. We're pretty close." My jaw dropped just as we took our seats beside each other, looking at his now pale face across the desk. I didn't know what to say, we just had our first three minutes conversation. Maybe he's not the sympathetic type.

"I'm not the sympathetic type." He said, taking my gaze away from him. "That's why I didn't hesitate to tell you." He finishes and laughs a little, but I could tell, For someone who's just had a broken home, the whole feeling was still fresh, and I could tell his was too, just it's been on for a long time.

"Teachers here." He informs and I was forced to turn from him to the class. Where the teacher yelled the class to all rise on their feet