#17

~•||Chapter Seventeen||~•
*
||<•Alexander Bartel•>||

As he made his way across the city he couldn't take his mind off Ciara, Ciara Anderson. The girl who had refused to leave his senses.

She was beautiful. He knew that since the day he saw her. He liked everything he saw, from her eyes,her pointy nose, and her cheekbones. But what he didn't like was the feelings attached to it.

Whenever he looked at her he wanted to know what she was thinking, how she was feeling and what he could do to comfort her, but all he got was a reason to keep his distance.

He got to know he shouldn't be around people. He rather be more protective by staying away. Last time he wanted to be a part of someone's life, they ended up dead.

He couldn't image the scene of Ciara rising because of him. Now he's thinking of her again.

The guilt hunted him for days, Ciara could be the-same, he admit he was attracted to her but he was sure it was only just a mare desire.

Her wasn't going to make this 'thinking of Ciara' a habit, she's safer without me. He thought.

The traffic brought him to a stop, where he had the chance to look where he found himself. Avenue, a very terrible place down south of LA, known for its mischievous and dubious residents.

People run away from this part of Avenue at night, with all fright of loosing their bags, wristwatches, virginity, or even worse, their lives, he would stroll into it without the littlest fright of running into one.

Why? Well maybe because killing your own best friend was scary enough for Alex to handle. He could bet no one had ever felt that way, the feeling wasn't bearable.

A sudden frown came to him. He was able to break out of the memories of his life in Avenue and notice that someone was lonely in the cold.

He remembered running indoors with his brother at night to avoid all possible incidents and this person was standing without a single awareness of their action.

What where they thinking? Without giving it a thought, he parked his car off the road and walked towards the image. Turned out, it was a girl, and she was crying.

What do you do when you see a teenager in tears in the middle of the night? He asked himself and realized he was stupid for even trying to interfere.

Before he could tap her on the shoulder she already engulfed him in a tight hug almost as if she knew he had been lingering behind her.

Her hug made a warm and cozy feeling inside him. She cried more into his chest as he got even more confused.  Confused as to why he knew this feeling, and why her smell felt so familiar.

Then it clicked. Like turning on a light switch that laminated something hidden in you're head. And then it stunned his heart that it was Ciara who was there.

He had been inches away from her earlier to recognize that cherry sent from anywhere. Now he was almost angry. He wanted to know what had gotten her out here where it was dangerous.

"Ciara." He pulled away from her hug. She kept crying and he looked down at her like a little child. "Why are you out so late?" He asked concerned.

He had always seen her to be brave and  strong so seeing her cry felt weird to him. Still he wanted to comfort her.

"Sh....she's....she's gone." Alex's confusion grew. Who was she? He wanted to ask as he stared into her eyes but she only looked away in shame.

"She left me." She said like she was talking to herself than to Alex, and this made him very uncomfortable. But First they had to leave this place.

He didn't want to know anything about her for now, protecting and getting her out of here was all that stood in his head.

He didn't imagine his heart race to the thought of getting her hurt out here. He didn't like this feeling but it over took him every single time.

His arms had laced into hers, and the cozy feeling came up again. He frowned, why was this happening? He shook it off. Pulling her across before the worst could happen.

"Well....well....well." He stoped on his tracks. Placing an arm out to protect her for the mask faced med that appeared out of the dark.

The was what he was avoiding, now she would be a part of it. "Hay I don't want to hurt anyone." At least not when she's watching. He didn't want her to be scared of him, and causing a fight scene wasn't going to help.

They laughed. "We know...you never do." One mocked, and their hidden eyes traveled down Ciaras body.

~

||<•Ciara Anderson•>||

I swear I shouldn't have wore this shirt today. Of all the days to wear a baggy and exposing shot it had to be when I'm being attacked by men.

I thought coming out here would clear my head, and after hours of crying and moaning my mother Alex showed up. I didn't know when I ran into his chest. T looked like something that could comfort me and that's all I needed at that moment. Stupid right? I know.

The feelings hadn't disappeared until I blabbed out my feelings. Then he suddenly frowned and started pulling me with his arms locked into mine.

I followed him confused until two masked faced men showed up. Shocking me to my feet. Alex placed his arm before me and suddenly I felt a little eased.

This was probably why he was pulling me with him. And why he walked up to me earlier. He was scared I'd get hurt.

"We just want her." Oh no. He licked his lips.

"You can't touch her." My heart melted at Alex's defense. No one has ever stood up for me before.

"Oh really what's gonna stop us? Bartel?" He challenged. Wait, they knew him? Or he knew them?How...why......?When?

Alex had already gone out of my view. Looking around and finding hurting bodies on the floor. I looked back at Alex and noticed he was panting. Aggressively.

Shock filled my eyes.  Also I was scared. This part of him was terrifying and I didn't seem to like it. Still i trailed to him and he locked our palms again and pulled me towards his car.