Chapter 9: Try It Out

The next day arrived and after beating yourself up for wanting to stay in your bed longer, you were finally feeling awake. You come down to see your aunt trying out things in a cookbook she probably found at the mall yesterday.

"2 eggs," she muttered under her breath, dutifully following the instructions as she cracked open the eggs. "Stir, stir..."

She seemed to be in her own world in the kitchen so you quietly yet casually ventured towards the bathroom and ignored your rumbling stomach for a while. You could wait for breakfast, honestly. After plenty of moments inside full of showering and teeth brushing, you changed to a comfortable attire consisting of sweaters and maybe leggings. 

When you stumbled back to the kitchen, the waft of fresh pancakes breezed around the room. "Good morning - oh you're already dressed. Where are you going?"

"It's Sunday," you told her before taking her place on the kitchen and preparing yourself a mug of (tea/coffee). "I don't have work and school."

"Right! I forgot," May replied bashfully, sitting down on the stool beside the kitchen island. "Well, I made extra pancakes so would you mind giving some of them to Glinda's after you eat?"

"Who's Glinda?" You asked, taking a seat from across her with your plate and cup. You took the slightly burnt saucer to your plate and poured a generous amount of syrup. 

"Hana's mom."

After eating about 3 pieces of pancakes, you tidied yourself up and placed all the silverwares in the kitchen sink. You then took the other plate of pancakes and checked yourself in the mirror, adjusting your clothes and hair for a bit before calling out to May. "I'm gonna go!"

"Alright!"

You opened the front door and began your trek to the other side of the road after looking from left to right. You knocked on their door three times before someone answered. "Yes? Oh, Y/N! Good morning." Glinda beamed at you.

"Hi," you gave her a respectful smile. "Uh, May wanted to give you these extra pancakes she made." 

"Ooh! Come in for a moment, okay? I'm gonna get an extra plate."

You had no choice but to walk inside and settle by the wall as you watched her go get a plate and replaced the pancakes from your own plate. You decided to do small talks. "Um, where's Hana?"

"Hana's upstairs, on a call." You hummed in understanding. "She should be done at this time, she's been up there for hours now. Hana!" Glinda called as you shook your head.

"Oh, it's okay. You don't have to-"

"It's fine, dear," she cut you off. "It's about time she'd come down."

You internally sighed and just glanced at the stairs where Hana descended with a phone on her hand attached with an earphones cord. "I'm on a call, mom! I-" She stopped when she saw you. "Y/N!" She exclaimed and quickly hid her phone behind her back. "You're here!" 

Her nervous voice wasn't hard to ignore. "Yeah," you casually smiled at her. "Just dropped by to bring you... pancakes!"

"You should try it out, honey!" Glinda exclaimed with her mouth full of the pastry. "It tastes good!"

You couldn't help but take a glance at Hana's screen. She kept trying to hide it, but it seemed like she's still in a call with someone with the way she's looking at it. 

"Later, mom. I'm on a call with someone." Hana repeated. Sneakily, without her noticing you managed to sneak a peek at the phone and..?

She was on a call with none other than Boone.