Chapter 8: Detective Stories

When you arrived at the Fish Sticks on a Stick store, Rippen, and Larry were already there.

"Y/N!" Larry exclaimed. "Where have you been?" 

You casually strided towards the platform where they were standing. "I had to get my friend home." You shrugged. 

Phil didn't say anything else before turning the lever down, and immediately the three of you were lifted up in the air and was brought up to the portal. A bright light flashed to your eyes until everything went to black. 

You opened your eyes and the world around you had no color. It reminded you of the noir movies you had to forcibly watch with your grandfather. Without another thought, you speculated your outfit that consisted of leather boots, and a dress covered by a long trench coat. This time, your hair was short and curly, that was topped with a hat with a feather boa. Your mask was changed to a different mask, only it was black and lacy. Your lips were splashed with a dark color, but you may have a hint that it's red. Pretty sexy, if you do say so yourself.

You glanced at your co-workers' outfits. You nodded approvingly at Larry's clothing of a typical newspaper boy, suspenders and all, while Rippen donned the fashion sense of a somewhat cliche antagonist, including an extravagant cape. He instinctively asked for the specs from his partner in crime and the latter willingly explained the mission to the three of you. 

Meanwhile, the heroes are composed of Sashi the little girl, who by the way wanted to rip off the freaking skirt off her but it was no use, and Boone was supposedly the Watson to Penn's Sherlock. The two were dressed with the finest of clothing, from the appropriate hat (I forgot what it was called) to the ravishing coats and shoes.

Sashi pressed a button on her glasses and a hologram of details panned out. "Apparently we are a bunch of crime-solvers and on a search for my father who works on a toy store. Our mission is to save the toy-maker before the evil professor takes advantage of him and use him to make robot armies and take over the country."

"Sheesh. Very well, then." Penn adjusted his coat and the bill of his hat before pointing at a random direction. "Let's go, gang."

The other two, knowing very well that their leader doesn't know what he's doing, still followed him. 

///

Larry gave the large bag a big pull towards him. "Here he is, Rip!" He grunted as he struggled to keep the object inside from escaping. "The toy-maker!"

"Good job, Larry." Rippen grinned maniacally. "Let's go back to the lair!"

You helped Larry in carrying the large sack. The man was still thrashing, with his muffled 'Let me go, let me go!' resonating through your ears. 

Rippen groaned in annoyance. "Will you shut him up?!"

You gladly winded back your fist before throwing the punch on the bag, not caring where it'd hit. The man inside coughed in pain before he silenced immediately. The anti-trio began its venture towards the rundown bar filled with various characters. The other two had already went their way to the basement where the lair was supposedly situated. It was a long journey, from the sewers to the actual cement-covered base. It was discrete, yet hot. You and Larry let go of the bag and watched as it fell on the ground, and the man groaned. You pulled on the string until it loosened, and the man eagerly took his head out to finally breathe completely without any restrictions. 

The man was short, probably because he is slouching from working so much, and from the looks of his mustache and glasses, he is wise and and smart. One of the other distinct characteristics he had was his big ears and buck teeth. He also wore a suspenders like Larry, partnered with a red bowtie, but he has no shoes. "What..." he spoke. "Why am I here, what are you doing to do to me?!" He began to panic and stepped back. "Are you going to kill me? What did I do!" He backed himself up to a wall.