Chapter Two

Harry's POV

I guess I just stood there, under the pouring rain, watching Heather grow farther and farther away from me. I didn't run after that car that carried away the love of my life, the one whose heart I tore to pieces.

Honestly I thought she would have been better off without me. I didn't feel like I was treating her like a best friend, but I guess in her eyes I was hers. She always saw me as her brother, we always said 'I love you' before we left each others side.

But it would always mean more to me.

She had her eye on Kyle Powell. He was all a girl wanted; the soft hair, the amazing eyes, 'phenomenal' body. Pft! Hasn't anyone heard about personality? About true love? Not crushes, or all that cliche crap!

At the age of thirteen I though all of it would blow over. I though it was just a phase of feelings I was supposed to go through with my best friend. But months passed and it only got worse. Every time we held hands I felt something more. Every time we hugged, every time we talked and she would just keep talking and I would listen to every word. Even it was about Kyle Freakin' Powell.

God, and the sleepovers were even worse! She always insisted I slept in her bed, and every morning we would always end up the same: cuddled together. Her face snuggled in my chest, my arms wrapped around her, and the blankets tangled in our legs.

She would always laugh in peoples faces when they asked if we were a couple. I always laughed with her but inside I wished it was true.

She was my first kiss, the first girl that I ever loved. Damn, I still love her! Recognize something?

First touch, first kiss 

First girl who made me feel like this

That damn song. I wrote it for Take Me Home, remembering her every day since. And the urge to see her again kept picking at me until I finally did it.

I had a dream, replaying when we first kissed like it was happening all over again.

We were only Five or six-year olds that day. It was beautiful weather, in the summer before we were starting kindergarten. She was so enthusiastic about the thought of going to school she was almost jumping on the walls.

That day we were outside in my backyard. We were swimming in the pool together, splashing each other and jumping off the side of the pool.

-

"Kiddos! Get over here for a picture!" Heather's mum called. Her mum had the camera in her hands, ready to take the picture.

"Feather, let's go take a picture!" I begged her as we swam in the pool together.

"No, Hare-Bear! You know I don't like taking pictures. I don't look good in them," She said, but I wouldn't hear a word of it. I grabbed her arm and she sighed, giving in and swimming to the edge of the pool.

We both got up out of the water and stood on the edge. She looked up at me and did her puppy dog face, but I wasn't going to give in.

I wrapped an arm on her shoulder and she giggled, looking up at me and resting her wet hair on my side.

"Heather, smile a little! We want to have a picture of you to prove you actually existed!" He mum laughed, looking down at the screen where the picture of us would be.

The familiar flash of the camera hadn't come yet, so with the arm I had on her shoulders I put down on her waist and started to tickle her. Sure enough she smiled, and once her mum had the picture, she pushed me into the water behind me, and I pulled her down with me.

"Harry! Heather! Come get some snacks!" I heard my mum call from the sliding glass door.

Me and Heather got out of the pool again, and she wrapped a towel around herself.

"I'll get the snacks," I said, and Heather came closer to me.

Instead of planting a kiss on my cheek I turned my head at the wrong time and we kissed. Simple as that. It seemed gross and cootie-filled at the time, but now it meant more.

A lot more.

-

I climbed up the siding of her home like I used to, and I saw her there, her face in her hands, crying as she sat on the floor.

I hate seeing her cry. Seeing her cry over me this time, just hurt even more.

And knowing she didn't even want my help, that was horrible.

"Why am I such a screw up?!" I screamed out at nobody, tugging at my hair as I walked back home through the rain.

And then it all sunk in.

She was dead. Her mum was dead.

My second mum, Heather's mum!

God, and I was gone! I wasn't there like I should have been! Why. Do. I. Mess. Every. Single. Thing. Up?

I'm a horrible friend. Probably the worst in history.

Why did I even think I had a chance with Heather after all this time?

-:-:-:-

vote and comment! i love to hear what you think!

bai :) x