Chapter One

Heather's POV

My legs seemed to work by themselves as I backed farther away from the window, the only thing separating me from Harry. He just kept smiling at me, until he saw I was backing away.

Once he realized this, he climbed up farther and started pulling up the window, pulling one leg in at a time before seeping in fully. My steps backward grew longer and the smile on his face faded.

Note to self: Lock window.

"Hey, Feather! Long time no see, huh?" He said with that same cheeky smile. He seemed as if nothing had happened, as if he never left me and never tore me apart.

I just kept backing away no matter how many times he stepped forward.

His curls seemed a little more curly, his eyes seemed to be a more piercing green. And he seemed... happier. For a while, at least.

"Don't call me Feather," I said as I finally reached my bedroom door. "You lost that privilege a long time ago, Harry."

After I said his name I slammed the door and practically jumped down a whole set of stairs. I heard him calling my name repeatedly and the sound of his feet chasing after me.

All of that was inferior to me though; all I thought about was running. Running away from Harry, the person who traded his best friend for fame.

And obviously he didn't care about the sixteen years we spent together. Sixteen years of sleepovers, pointless conversations, trading sandwiches at lunch, catching of colds and then sharing hot cocoa and chicken noodle soup. Vacations at the beach or just in our backyards or in his pool, or the mud trails on the carpet where little feet chased each other. Or the kissing of boo-boo's, and the skipping and linked arms on the way to our first day of school.

None of that meant anything to him.

None of the 'I love you's or the 'I wish we were brother and sister's, or the 'I'll miss you's and the 'I'll be back, don't worry's. None of our secrets or crushes or anything. It meant nothing to him. I meant nothing to him.

I love how the rain hides your tears

How it hides all the pain

How it hides all the sadness and sorrow

But after the shower

The rainbow always comes out of hiding

Bringing with it happiness

And joy for days to come

And maybe if your lucky

You'll be rewarded x2

With a double rainbow in your sights

Brought only for you

Obviously, that double rainbow wasn't coming soon.

The rain kept pouring down on me as I ran down the sidewalk. The little droplets soaked into my shirt, and it was freezing so my arms and half-bare legs were like pop-sidles. My hair was still in it's bun, but the little pieces that had fallen out clumped to my cheeks. I could feel my mascara running, but thank god at least my eyeliner is waterproof.

After a I could still hear the splash of his feet behind me. Not to mention the hundreds of times he's been screaming my name. The inside of my Jordans were now almost drowning in water and my teeth chattered.

Sooner than later my legs gave up and I started to trip. My knees scraped multiple times over the old, sharp sidewalk where we used to ride bikes together.