Chapter 1: Fighting

Chapter 1

Katniss P.O.V.

"Riley! Becca! Matty! Hurry up you'll be late for school!" I shout from the foot of the staircase as Peeta comes out from the kitchen with their lunch bags.

"Would that really be so awful?" Becca mutters as she come walking down the stairs.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Nothing", she mumbles and take her lunch bag from Peeta and put it in her school bag.

I shake my head. I don't know what's going on with Becca lately. She's been kind of distend and angry.

Riley comes walking down the stairs with Matty holding his hand.

She takes her green lunch bag from Peeta.

"Thank you daddy", she says and gives him a kiss on the cheek.

Riley is wearing a yellow dress with blue and white flowers on. She has her dark hair down. Her outfit is really cute.

Riley and Becca are twins, but they're completely different. Apart from their apparence they have nothing in common anymore. They did when they were little, not anymore. They are still inseparable, they're best friends, but they like so different things. Becca doesn't listen to us, and she stays out really late, she says that she's with friends, but we can smell the smoke and alcohol from her when she comes home. Riley is home a lot, doing her homework, reading, hanging out with Fisher.

"I'm gonna be late tonight, Nate and I are going to a party", Becca says as she puts on her high heels.

Peeta doesn't like it when she walks with her high heels on our parquet floor, because she scratches it. At first she didn't listen, but than Peeta got really angry and since then she's been putting on her shoes in the hall.

"No you're not, it's a school night", I say as I help Matty to put on his backpack.

"Yes I am!" Becca says.

"Not on a school night!" I say again, more strictly this time.

"Yes I am!"

"Rebecca! You heard what your mother said!" Peeta says raising his voice. "You're not going on a party on a school night! You're still only sixteen and you're doing what we tell you to do!"

Becca stomps her foot on the floor, and I can see the mark.

"Don't push it Rebecca!" Peeta says. "You're this close to get grounded".

"I'll go wait in the car with Matty", Riley says and take Matty's hand. They walk out and to Riley's green car.

She has been interfering a few times when Becca has been troublesome, but we've told her to stay out because we have to tell Becca what's right and what's wrong.

Becca sighs and crosses her hands over her chest. She's wearing a black crop top that covers her neck and a high orange/pink skirt. She has put her dark hair up in a high pony tail. Her lips are painted in strong pink.

"If you wanna see Nate he can come over or you can go there, Clove and Cato wouldn't mind, you know that", I say.

"Okay listen mom, Riley may be a loser who stays home all the time, but I'm not like that", she says. "I'm going to that party with my boyfriend!"

"Rebecca Annie Johanna Mellark! You don't say that about your sister!" Peeta says. "And no! You're not!"

"Yes I am!" She shouts and stomps her foot in the floor again. Another mark. "I hate you!"

And she storms out of the house and throws the door shut. I can hear her shout frustrated.

I sigh tired and stroke back my hair.

Peeta wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close.

"Maybe it's just a phase?" He says.

"Let's hope so, and I hope she gets out of this phase soon", I say and kiss Peeta.

I walk into the kitchen.

"I don't know why she keeps lying to us, yesterday for example, when I asked her why she smokes", I say. "She got so defensive".

"But we know she's smoking", Peeta says.

"Yah I know, but that's not the point, the point is that she's lying to our face", I say. "And I don't want her to smoke".

Becca doesn't have a license. She has to pay for it herself so she's saving up. Riley does have a license, we payed for it but that's because she's not smoking. We've been very clear on that point, we've always said that if they smoke they're gonna have to find a way to pay for their license by themselves. Riley isn't smoking, Becca is. There.

But Riley always drive Becca to school. When Becca called Riley a loser, she didn't mean it. I know that and Peeta knows it. But she can't say that. Riley would be hurt, no matter if Becca meant it or not. Because of her sever asthma, she's missing out on stuff and she already feels different. But she's really strong.

Becca usually calls Riley, Laimey, as in lame, because she's home, studying, getting good grades. Riley doesn't say anything about it but it gets to her. Peeta and I are trying to get Becca to stop. But she just laughs it of. Riley has all A:s. Becca well, well she mostly gets C:s. We're trying to get her to focus on school, but Nate is the only thing on her mind. Well, Nate, drinking and parties.

When Becca and Nathaniel first got together, Peeta, Cato, Clove and I were so excited. But then things started to get out of hand. Cato and Clove has the same problem with Nate, that Peeta and I have with Becca. We've talked about this and none of us knows what to do. They're both getting out of hand.

"I have to go to the bakery now baby", Peeta says and gives me a kiss.

I throw my arms around his neck and deepens the kiss.

I don't want him to go to the bakery. I kiss him on the neck. Sucking.

"Can't Finnick open the bakery today?" I whisper as I nod oh his earlobe.

"Uuuummm", Peeta says out of breath, keeping himself from moaning.

"You call him, and I'll be waiting upstairs", I say, and pull away from Peeta.

I walk out of the kitchen, wiggling my ass.

"Naked", I add, and I hear how Peeta knocks over a glass that falls to the kitchen floor and breaks.

I giggle and run up the stairs.

This is gonna be fun.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

✏️1081 words✏️

Hey guys, I hope you liked the first chapter of this book.

This is the third and final book in the Hopeless love trilogy.

Please vote and comment.

-Josephine xx