Chapter 3

As the weekend came around, I felt some sort of happy, I had a reason to get drunk and my friends weren’t working. I’m mentally exhausted, but I’ll never decline an invitation to the club, the one thing that could take the bad thoughts away, as if my dancing wasn’t bad enough. I slipped up my torn black skinny jeans that were still daggy on me, I just have womanly legs, I’d happily trade them with someone with manly legs, maybe then I’d look like a man and not be called gay and a fucking girl all the time. I put on my plain white shirt, poking my head and arms through the holes as it glided perfectly down my torso, I fixed my hair into my shaggy, side swooped look which still didn’t please me, the man in the mirror is not the man I wish to be. I slipped the bracelet on my wrist that hid my...battles-scars, let’s just say, it’s funny how as soon as alcohol got involved in my life, the self infliction stopped. I sprayed myself with my Lynx as I heard a car beep outside, I grabbed my cracked, fucked up phone (ha, a phone that suits me) and my keys as I walked out, locking the car and running to my friend, Shannon’s car, our friend Josh sat in the passenger seat. I swear he picks him up first every time just to set me off, I rolled my eyes and got in the back seat, putting on my happy face, I was going to get drunk tonight, not even Bradie can try and stop me.

“hey mate, why didn’t you bring a jacket? It’s gonna piss down rain aye” Josh said, looking out the window, I noticed the dark clouds and shrugged.

“oh well, yolo” I said jokingly, they laughed.

“swaggy” Shannon spoke with a smirk as he drove away.

We approached the club by 6:30, I fixed my hair and fixed myself as I got out of the car, I didn’t want to look like a douche. The thumping music pumped from outside and as we walked in, it just seemed to get louder, and louder.  That feeling where you feel as if your hearts not beating, it’s the bass of the music pumping it for you, soothed me, I smiled and walked with the boys straight to the bar, we all had a beer then before you knew it, it was pitch black outside and I was half drunk, half way to happiness.

“oi faggot” Josh said, I looked at him, mentally yelling at myself for answering to ‘faggot’

“you see that chick with the tits at 8’oclock?’ he said, shifting his eyes, I looked at 8’oclock, my mouth dropped, a slim woman, her skin ivory and hair black as night, her wide, hazel eyes struck me, made my body float out of itself, what was this beauty, it was insane, there was no way she’s real, her hair long, cascaded beautifully along her face and body, her eyes slowly met mine, I felt as if I had a heart attack then and there, it wasn’t the music pounding my heart anymore, it was her, her eyes quickly looked away from me, I have got to be dreaming, how could I find a woman like her, in a nightclub. I felt a slap in my face, I shook my head and returned to reality.

“no you dumb fuck, MY 8’oclock” Josh said, he didn’t see her the way I did, how could you not fall for such beauty, I looked over at Josh’s 8’oclock and of course, she was blonde, big tits, tanned. Ah, an Aussie sheila, perfect for my bogan mate. I turned to him.

“why don’t you speak to her then?” I said in a teasing tone, my eyes glanced back to the almost porcelain woman sitting alone on her phone now, red wine beside her, the more I looked at her, the more I fell, her body was a perfect shape, her black dress made her pale skin more noticeable. I looked back at Josh, he was looking at her as well, he raised an eyebrow at me.

“I’ll speak to her if you go speak to weirdo snow white over there” he said, his Australian accent so much more apparent than mine.

“She’s not weird” I gritted my teeth together. Josh can’t tell what beauty really is, even if it slapped him in the face.

“Whatever” he rolled his eyes then called the bartender over, the young blonde man who looked so bored came over.

“Yes?” he asked.