Chapter 12

Shaun P.O.V

Why the fuck did I do that?

There was a 70% chance that Vanessa was going to come for me now, even though I didn’t give our secret away but I needed to let it out, tell him in some way that we aren’t going to happen although I have fallen so deeply in love with him, it can’t happen unless he wants to get killed. I heard his thoughts, how he said he was in a sea of love, how he was drowning. I wanted to save him for that moment, I can’t imagine the bruises he has, how much pain he must be in when he makes love to her, the scars on his neck said enough for me. The second I let out my feelings, I couldn’t read him anymore. I don’t think he loves me. This was crazy. I couldn’t just stay away; I spent the past month, preparing myself to meet him. I walk through shops, the smell of everyone made my mouth water with venom again, I thought how easy it’d be, to just kill everyone on the floor, how satisfied I’d be, but I trained myself. The smell of humans is more or less like when you smell a candle now, it smells nice, but you know that if you ate them, they wouldn’t taste so good. That’s what gets me through being around Andy, it’s like being around a good quality chocolate candle, so beautiful and graceful as it’s lit, but the flame is the warning, telling me to stay away. The flame could easily burn me to death, so I stay away.

The flame is Vanessa.

I’d love to just blow the flame out and replace it with mine, but that’s not possible. It’s like those candles that never go out. They annoy me.

I’ve spent the month writing lyrics, the fact that I don’t have to sleep or do much with myself made it so much easier. I have enough lyrics to write a new album, which I already had the name to. This is Bat Country. It fitted perfectly to the lyrics of my life, songs such as Die Young, Stay Pretty, Werewolves, Bat Country and a lot of the other songs just made a perfect song list for this album. I’m really scared to play a show, I hadn’t spoken to a fan in months, I’m afraid that I’ll get hungry being in a room full of people and I’d kill everyone; but that’s where the candle technique comes in.

The quick knocks at the door didn’t scare me, but I was frantic, I ran at vampire speed to the door. I opened it to find Andy, no, I told him to stay away, not come for me! He wrapped his arms around my neck and slammed the door with his feet, his hot lips smashed to mine, butterfly corpses swarmed my dead-like body and clenched my eyes shut, I wonder how cold I felt against his lips, I made sure I was careful with the delicate man I held, kissing his lips slowly as I pushed him down carefully by the hips as I felt myself want him even more. I wanted his blood, but I desired his touch.

“what are you doing?” I asked with some sort of shock in my voice.

“I love you, Shaun” Andy said breathless. I smiled the slightest and rested my hand on his fragile cheek, he rested his head against my forehead, I swallowed the venom that came to my mouth, Andy’s a pretty candle, don’t ruin him.

“you have no idea what you’re putting yourself into...” I warned him, still with a soft voice, he inhaled and ran his fingers through the back on my hair

“I really don’t care” He said, his hot breath made me feel warmer, alive.

“what about Van-“

“Shaun, stop...I just want to be with you” the way he’s acting around me right now, made me feel more human than I have ever felt in this new life, I smiled, a proper smile. Andy smiled and kissed me again, his soft warm lips felt great to me. It was kind of like have his blood, but not. He was like a drug that never ended. I finally felt happy but I knew this wasn’t good for me.

“I want to show you the stuff I’ve been writing lately, the whole album will be darker in ways” I said, coming from my room with my song book. I passed him the song book and sat down, Andy flipped through the pages of lyrics and read them, I bit my lip nervously. It’s always scary showing people your lyrics.