011

Do you ever feel stuck in a place that you don't know where it is? It was so scary. I feel so cold. Is this the afterlife? 

"Where I am?" I don't know how many times I asked that myself. After I shut down my eyes because of the pain when I wake up I'm in an unfamiliar place. I looked around everything is white. A room that only has a bed in the middle of it. I ruffled my hair out of frustration. I feel so unreal.

"Jazxer please help me..."

"I want to get out of here..."

"I want to see him again..."

"Please..." Hot tears roll down from my eyes. I don't know how many times I've cried. But I can't help it because I'm scared. Too scared. If this is the afterlife I don't want this. It makes me feel so alone.

"Azzelle..." I stood up after hearing that. It's Jazxer. I looked around to find him but I can't see him.

"JAZXER!" I yelled. My forehead knitted when I heard a sob. Yvon's sobs. Why are you crying?

"It's Yvon...?" Why are you crying Yvon? Where's Jazxer?

"Azzelle, wait for a bit. They promise me that after this you will live a long life. So wake up after this please..." I heard how he took a heavy sigh. "You have been sleeping for a long time. I'm so scared when they said your heart stops beating." I want to answer him too. "You've been in a coma for weeks. Y-you're strong. And I think death doesn't want you. Because even how weak you are, in the end, you are holding on. Y-you, look so peaceful w-while sleeping." So I'm just sleeping while stuck here in this place.

"YVON! JAZXER! I WANT TO WAKE UP. PLEASE HELP ME." I screamed. My vision becomes blurry because of the tears that keep falling. I bite my lower lip. I end up kneeling on the floor. Trembling due to the emotions that invading my whole. I'm scared please let me out of here. 

"Ssssh, don't cry Azzelle. I am here." He dries my tears away. I slowly opened my eyes. 

"J-jazxer..." He nodded and smile. He caged me in his arms and kissed my temple. 

"Don't be scared, Azzelle. I am here." He cupped my face and peck my lips before giving me an assuring smile. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone... I am here now. I'm will not going to leave you." Jazxer burst out in tears too. It's hurt hearing him crying It's painful. He pulled me to his embrace again. Placing his chin on the top of my head. 

"Azzelle..." He called me again. This time he calmed down a bit. But his voice was still shaky. 

"Hmmm..." I responded with hummed. I put my head in his chest where I can hear my favorite lullaby. His heartbeat. 

"Everything we shared. T-the laughter, the smile, and even the tears I thank you for that. F-for giving me a reason to smile even if it's hard---" I cut him.  

"No Jazxer I should the one who's saying that not you." he shrugged. 

"let me finish first, Love..." Love? It's so nice to hear from him. "Listen to me first, Okay? T-thank you for making me understand life deeply. You are the most important person in my life. So w-wake up my love after this. I love you so much. And in between t-true or n-not, you always have me. I love you." In between? What's the meaning of that? I can't understand him. "Wake up for me please..." With that, he suddenly vanished.

"J-JAZXER! LOVE!" I shouted but he never answered me back. But I heard voices. Voices around me.

"Let's start the operation." The last thing I heard before something pulled me into darkness.

***

I slowly opened my eyes. A familiar ceiling welcomed me. I tried to move but I can't. Half of my body feels so numb, while half is in pain especially exactly to my chest part. I tried to talk but my throat is too dry which made me want to drink water. I heard the door creaking open.

"A-azzelle..." It's Yvon. Tears stream down from his eyes as our eyes met. Happiness glinted in him. I can see the joy within him.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"W-w-water." I succeeded to say. He nodded as he gets me a glass of water. He made me sip it with a straw. Yvon called my doctor to check on me.

"We will run a test for you. For now rest and congratulations on waking up after the operation." My doctor said.

"Operation?" My voice was still weak. He nodded and gives me a proud beamed.

"The moment you are facing death, Azzelle. Someone donate heart for you." I can't help but smile. I will live long. It means we can still have time.

"Are you hungry?" Yvon asked. I shook my head. I'm looking at the door. I'm waiting for him. Where are you Jazxer?

"Why are you keep gazing at the door, Azzelle?" Yvon asked when he noticed. 

"I'm waiting for Jazxer." Yvon suddenly drops the tray of medicines he's holding. His face got pale. He looks so shocked at the same time sad. 

"Are you okay, Yvon?" 

He faced me and shook his head. "Azzelle, there's no Jazxer..."

"Huh? Are you getting old, Yvon? Remember the boy I keep telling you about? Jazxer Allie Yoon. The man I am in love with. I'm waiting for him." I saw how Yvon's jaw clenched and gazed at me with a serious expression before walking near to my bed. He gently held my hands and squeezed them. Pity. I saw a wave of pity in him.

"Azzelle, there's no Jazxer Allie Yoon. Please, stop this..." Tears escaped from him as he begs. 

"Don't joke around, Yvon. It's not funny.  I'm just waiting for him. You know Jazxer. I even show you his picture before. Inside my drawer, there is a picture of him." I remember that I asked Jazxer for his photo. Yvon open my drawer and he showed me a blank photo paper in me.  

"Azzelle, I can't find his picture. Only blank photopaper. Listen to me. There is no Jazxer in the first place." After hearing that my heart pounded in fear. I tried to laugh. 

"Are you pranking me Yvon? This is not funny!" I waited for Yvon to say that he is just joking but his serious face never changed. He took a deep breath before talking again.

"Azzelle, listen to me carefully. There is no Jazxer in the first place. He never exists. He is just a product of your loneliness. You just made him, Azelle..." Made him? 

"This is not funny Yvon. Where's Jazxer? Don't play with me! I need him!" I hissed. I winced when I felt the wound in my chest sting. 

"Shit, are you okay?  Don't stress yourself Azze---" I cut him off. My tears escaped while looking at him.

"I NEED JAZXER! BRING JAZXER TO ME! TELL HIM THAT I AM AWAKE. TELL HIM THAT I'M WAITING. TELL HIM THAT I'M WAITING FOR HIM. Tell him please..." My voice cracked. Yvon tried to calm me down but I keep sobbing and yelling to find Jazxer. Yvon ended up hugging me to stop me from moving but I struggled. Until my doctor came and inject something into me. I suddenly feel sleepy.

"P-please tell Jazxer that I-i awake..." I whispered before darkness pulled me.