t w e n t y s e v e n

Friday sep18

16:12

I'm not gonna lie.

It hurt.

The way he said it. Why?

Why did he hold my hand while saying it and why did he feel the need to come so close.

So damn fucking close.

His breath against my skin,
I felt it.

He must've as well.
Couldn't just be me.

It just couldn't, I felt it.
How he just squeezed my hand when he leaned closer to me and tried to breathe even.

Why did he say that?
Why.

Why
Why
Why
Why
Why
Why

He said it on purpose.

He doesn't want to start over.

He doesn't want my presence.

Even though it hurt the way he did it, it still feels off.

It doesn't make sense and I'm so mad about it because I want to know but it hurts. It hurt today seeing him at lunch and in the corridors, and I know it'll hurt today at the W.B. Prom.

"Hey, Mrs Sun", we walk into the Mrs Suns Hair salon.

"Hello girls", Heavens mom is doing another woman's hair. It's Mrs Deongs, one of her friends.

Mrs Deong greets us as well.

"I thought you'll be coming at 17", she says confused cutting the black hair of Mrs Deong.

"We decided to come sooner, we had nothing to do", Heaven answers.

"Oh, alright, well, be in the office then. Me and the rest will be done soon", Mrs Sun says.

We bow before going to her office.

Mrs Sun owns the company, and she's got hair salons all over Seoul. She's the personal hairdresser of many Korean celebrities and even Americans.
She rarely does the hair of a normal person, but her friends and daughter are the exception.

We go to the office and sit down in the two sofas.
Stella starts looking at the Vogue magazines as Nara next to her looks at the different hairstyles the salon has to offer.

"What are you picking?", Heaven asks Nara.

She lifts her shoulders. "Not sure, 6 or 19 I think".

"6? You've already had that", Heaven says.
Nara looks up thinking. "I have?".

Nara has a tendency of choosing different hairstyles every time she gets it fixed here.

"Yeah, at your cousins graduation", Heaven answers. "You loved it, I remember it".

Nara smiles. "Yeah, I did. It looked great".

18:42

Namjoon
18:42
Come on now, they're looking at baby pics

Mia
18:42
You're kidding right

Namjoon
18:42
I wish
How embarrassing
Can you hurry

Mia
18:43
Just give me a second

I fix my hair real quick. Just a bobby pin and....

Damn it why is it so hard to make it stay.

Namjoon
18:44
Mee
Baby nudes
Come down
Now

Okay fuck it then.
I let my baby hairs fall on the sides of my forehead.

I grab my shoulder bag and walk downstairs. Directly to the living room, where my mom and Mrs Kim are looking at our baby pictures.

Joon's standing there. Embarrassed.
I smirk.
As he should, I looked cuter than him.

I give a proud smirk. Joon's the first to notice and look back, I see the relief on his face.

"All right, I guess it's time to leave that photo album alone, isn't it?", I say as my mom and Mrs Kim look back on me. "It's getting old now".

Joon smiles as I walk down, looking at my dress. "Golden girl".

I smile. Mom and Mrs Kim get up from the sofa.

"I like that", he nods.

"Figured you would", I sigh walking towards him. He's holding a box in his hands. "Golden boy", I see what's inside of it.
Prom flower. I smile, this is a beautiful moment, something I've been longing since we were children.

I've had a lot of proms, but not here.
Not with my best friends.

"Wow, Mia you look so great in that golden dress", Joons mom, Mrs Kim, hugs me.

"Hi, imo", I hug her back with a smile.

She looks at the dress. "Really really great, God", I laugh at her reaction, also getting a little red in the face.

"Okay, stop making it so obvious that you wanted a daughter", Joon rolls his eyes earning giggles from us.

Mrs Kim just pushes gently her sons shoulder as my mom goes get the camera.

Joon opens the box and puts the golden white flower bracelet on my wrist.

I smile when he does it. It looks so good.

Mom and imo has dreamt about this moment as well, all the way back when they found out one of them had a daughter and the other one a boy.

Well, in fact they wanted us to marry, but you know. Nah, we grew up as brother and sister, so prom's the most near thing to that.

I know we're mostly doing this for them, but Joon's one of my best friends, I kind of liked that this has been planned so I don't have to worry on who will ask me to prom.
Besides, Joon's fun to do this kind of stuff with.

"Do I look handsome?", he asks as I put the flower pin on his suit. He puffs his chest, lifts his chin and raises a brow.

"You look like a billion wons, Joon", I say stepping back. "Gotta break some hearts looking like that".

He giggles and looks shyly down.

"Okay, are you done?", Mrs Kim asks. I look over to them, mom's holding up the camera. "We need some more pics for the album".

Joon sighs out loud. "More?!".

We break out in a laugh.

He hugs me from behind. You know, we do the typical prom pose.

I smile without showing my teeth. It leads both mom and imo to complain.

"Yah, Joon smile a little".
"Stars show me you joy, c'mon".

Dad saves us coming in and telling us to hurry.

We walk out to the car and he drives us to school.
We thought Joon would drive us himself, but he failed the driving test.

Typical Joon.

I look out the window.
"Here", Joon says handing me one of his headphones.

I take it and put it in my ear.

We sit on the back seat together . Him looking out from his window and me looking out from mine. Seeing the stars showing up in the sky as we listen to Still don't know my name, by Labyrinth.

Not knowing what's ahead of us.

————