t h i r t y s i x

Tuesday sep22
16:29

☀️Stella☀️

I walk out from the school. Students are walking around the schoolyard. You know, unbothered, not having to have a little insect behind them.

"Andre, stop following me!", I say annoyed walking down the stairs faster to try to get rid off him.

"Just let me explain, c'mon Stella", he says catching up.

"Go away, there's nothing to explain, I get it", I say.
"No, you don't", he says. "I like you".

I turn around while stepping on the ground. "If you liked me you wouldn't have kissed her", I turn back again and keep walking towards the schools driveway.

"She kissed me. Not the other way around. I was about to step back", he says standing right next to me. "Seriously, it's true".

"If you're telling me the truth", I look at him. "Then why don't I buy it?".

"You've got trusting issues, I get it", I sigh at his words. "Just give me a chance-".

"Look, Andre-", I put my hand on his chest to stop him from keep walking.

"It was fun. Alright? Those times in the cleaning rooms and the storage rooms, the little danger and the risk... fun. But that was it. I'm not looking for excuses and apologies. I'm looking for someone you clearly aren't and something you clearly won't give me", finally, I missed being this straight up with boys. "So thank you", he seems like looking for words to contradict me. "Thank you for opening my eyes when kissing Brynn".

I turn back around coming out of the school area.
"But, Stella-", I sigh out loud at the sound of Andres voice.
"Can't you just take a hint already?!", I say looking back.

"Stella?".
I stop. I turn my gaze towards where the familiar voice came from.

Jungwoo.
He is leaning into the streetlight in front of the bus stop.

He's smoking. And wearing the green uniform from the school in front of ours.

I hear Andre go behind me. "Let me take you to the SSAs next week and-".

I turn to him pinching my lips together. I've got an idea. "I'm sorry, Andre. I should've told you from the beginning", I walk backwards towards Jungwoo. "It's just that- I didn't know how".

I stand right next to him, really proud of my ability to come up with plans this quickly. "I'm seeing him", I point at Jungwoo.

"What?", they both say.

Jungwoo looks at me. I look at Andre with an "unfortunate" smile while he glares at Jungwoo.

"Who's he?", Andre asks, puffing up his chest a little.

"Jungwoo", I answer and look up at him with innocent eyes. He looks confused. "The guy I'm seeing".

He understands. "Yeah", he slowly lets go off my gaze and look at Andre.

"He will be taking me to the next SSAs", I explain. "And home for that matter, so if you excuse us".

I take Jungwoo's arm turning us around.

Wow, he's muscular.

He lets out some smoke, it comes to my face because of the wind.

I sigh. Smokers.

I take it from his lips and stamp on it.
"Hey!", he complains.
"Just walk with me until we lose him", I whisper.

"What was that about? Who's he?".

"Former crush. I'm over it, he's not", I shortly explain.
He grins. "I guess we're something official now?".

I giggle. "Just til the second corner, where I'll be turning".
He looks forward.
Maybe 60 feet from us.

"I didn't know you went to Chungdam", I say. "You're wearing their uniform".

"Me and Jae just started there", he says. "Wanted to start here, at Kyunggi's, but Jae's dad knew the principal in Chungdam High".

I smile. "So what are you doing here? Observing something you couldn't have?", I look at him.

He thinks for a while with his look still facing forwards.
"Something like that", he answers mysteriously. He looks at me from the corner of his eye with a smile.

I look forward. "I heard Nara will be with Jae tomorrow".

"Mhm?", he hummers. "So what? Looking for another double date, miss Altobelli?".

"Just trynna make conversation", I lift my shoulders. "But you bringing that up, must mean you've thought of it".

He smirks. "Why would I? We're already seeing each other".

I don't know why that make me almost little nervous.
"Yeah, til the corner", I say seeing how much it is left to it. Maybe 30 feet.

"You sure about that?", he asks, I look at him. "Because I recall you telling your former crush that I was taking you to the next SSAs", I try not smiling while looking forward again. "And I don't think you wanna stand out as a liar".

"Are you even gonna be there? It's only for authorized people", I say.

"You'll be there, so am I", he says still not looking at me. "Besides, Jae's father is authorized so I'll find my way in- you can bring Nara as well, then she can be with Jae-".

"Oh, like a double date?", I ask.
15 feet. He pinch his lips together. "Told you you was thinking about it".

"Just looking out for my bro", he says lifting his shoulders.

I laugh. "Don't worry. I always bring the girls, so she'll be there".

"The girls?", he asks.
"Yeah, you've met them", I say. "Nara, Hev, Mia".

"No", he says. "Not, Mia. Just Nara and Heaven".

"Oh, I thought Nara introduced-".
"Yeah, only Heaven", he says.

"Yeah, well you'll meet her at the SSAs", I say seeing we're nearing us to the corner. "She's really nice, but she maybe doesn't like you right away- nothing personal, it's just her looking out for m-".

"No, I get it", he says calming my nervousness as we stand right next to the corner.
I sigh a smile.

He looks at me with a smile.
"See you around".

I nod. "See you".

————