00

June 26, 1994

Emilia slowly made her way to the studio.

She'd just received possibly the worst news ever. She was no longer in remission. It had returned, more aggressive than before.

Luke smiled, seeing the brunette he'd been crushing on for far longer than he remembered. "Hey, Emmy." His smile dropped, seeing her expression. "What's wrong?"

She shook her head. "Nothing. Have you and the guys come up with a band name yet?"

Reggie shook his head. "No, we haven't. Why, did you have an idea?"

"Sunset Curve. Because sunsets are pretty and curve adds a slight edge."

"Sunset Curve," Luke and Alex repeated.

Luke grinned. "I love it! Boys, what do you think?"

The other three nodded and Alex smiled. "Em, you're a genius!"

Emilia bowed teasingly. "I know."

Unfortunately for the brunette, she stumbled slightly and Luke balanced her.

Luke frowned. "Okay, seriously. What's going on with you? Is it back?"

Emilia nodded slowly. "I just found out today."

"I'm so sorry," Alex apologized.

"It is what it is."

"Anything we can do?" Reggie asked.

"Be the best band you can be. Sunset Curve is gonna go far."

Bobby nodded. "I hope so. We'll do the best we can."

One Month Later

Luke made his way to Emilia's room. She was hooked up to machines and looked so pale and fragile.

Emilia opened her eyes and smiled slightly. "Hey."

"Hey. How are you?"

She huffed. "Totally rad."

"Emmy, be serious for once."

Emilia's green eyes flashed. "I'm dying, Luke! I don't want to be serious! I don't want to be sick! I want to be normal! I want-"

She broke down in tears and Luke threw his arms around her. Her tears soon ceased as she relished in his embrace.

Two seemingly short weeks later, she breathed her last.

Luke stared at her coffin and whispered, "I love you, Emilia, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

The band chose to keep the name Sunset Curve to keep the memory of Emilia alive, though she would forever remain in the hearts of each and every band member. Whether it be friendship or love, neither boy forgot the young brunette who was gone too soon.