Map & Time Scale

Summary of Turien:

Turien is a single island that is home to all of the peoples in this world. There are six major races, of human, elf, fairy, mermaid, nymph and beast-kin. Humans populate the five cities in the plains of Mid-city, North-city, South-city, East-city and West-city. Dwarves are an offshoot of humans that live underground, changed by the poisonous magical mushrooms that make up the major food source there. The elves that live in the earthen city in the north of the Great Forest are known as forest elves, while the elves that split from the forest centuries ago to live underground are known as dark elves. Fairies live so quietly in The Density in the Great Forest that most humans and beast-kin will never see one, they are a rare sight to the other races and the messages they distribute are few and far between. Most mermaids reside in Mermaid Cove, in the sea near South-city. The nymphs are comprised of dryads and naiads that play in the Great Forest all day. Beast-kin live predominantly in the north and north-west, comprised of various 'beasts' from rabbits to dragons. Magic is a major trait to every race except humans.

Turien is predominantly rocky hills to the west, forest to the east and plains in the middle

Turien is predominantly rocky hills to the west, forest to the east and plains in the middle. There is a second, smaller forest to the east of Mid-city and some cliffs to the north east of the Great Forest.

There are no seasons nor changing celestial bodies so festivals are determined by the acknowledgement and celebrations of the major races and their favoured attributes of their Creator.

Timescale:

Time & festivals follow the 6 main races of Turien from its birth, and are named as such.

There are 6 days of the week:

   - Prayday

   - Aweday

   - Toilday

   - Analyseday

   - Strongday

   - Willday

There are 6 weeks to a month (I.e. 36 days).

There are 6 months to a year (I.e. 216 days):

   - Praymonth

   - Awemonth

   - Toilmonth

   - Analysemonth

   - Strongmonth

   - Willmonth

Every race-type gets 100 years to their name each cycle (I.e. 600 years to one Cycle):

   - Of the Fairy

   - Of the Nymph

   - Of the Elf

   - Of the Human

   - Of the Beast-kin

   - Of the Mermaid

Chapter 1 of MC: Mage starts during the 26th Cycle, in Year 54 of the Nymphs, on Praymonth the 6th. (Equivalent to the first Sunday of the year, in the year 15,154 since the world's creation).

For more worldbuilding, check out my World Anvil page for Turien:
https://www.worldanvil.com/w/turien-tarafaebelle 

______
Initial map created using the map creator at https://rollforfantasy.com/tools/map-creator.php

Header image by annacapictures from Pixabay