Chapter 2

"Let's talk about Athletics Day," I state.

I try not to jump at Lee, the arrogant Warbeast-kin as he smirks. Or at Ryu, the overbearing Dragon-kin as he growls. I see the red in their bodies fire up. And those two are just the most obvious ones. Another six students ignite with red coursing through their bodies. Stay calm self. Stay calm.

I hear the pounding of heavy footsteps, followed by a knock on the door. Right on time. I open the door.

"...Markus?" I looked to the back of the classroom, and there sits Markus, the full-blooded Human. Looking back to the door I tilt my head. Colour-wise, they are almost the same, both in hair and magical signature. But this guy is taller with an athletic build.

"So, you're Trevor – Markus' older brother!" I nod, seeing Steve from the corner of my eye

"So, you're Trevor – Markus' older brother!" I nod, seeing Steve from the corner of my eye. I face the class again. A look of shock hangs over half of the students' faces as they looked from the back of the classroom to the front. I smirk before checking past the guys to see down the hallway. Not here yet.

"Markus, come up here." I waved him up as I take out my phone and open the camera. I try to take some photos of just the two brothers, but it is difficult when Steve tries to enter them too. Tch.

"What brother?! They're twins, right!?" yells a student. A few nods of agreement and a snicker.

"Idiot ~ It's easy to see who is older

"Idiot ~ It's easy to see who is older. He's slightly taller and more muscled." A few hums of agreement from the muscle-headed boys ensued. I ignore the class gossip over the similarity of Markus, his brother, and their cousin Steve as I inspect the three Humans.

Although they look similar, they have distinct differences in their magic signatures. Markus and Trevor shared the same faint yellow cores; however, Trevor's was larger and at a lower position in his body. The glow from his core had a larger fade area and flecks of darker yellow would pop up here and there. Steve's core was the same body position as Markus' core but had a couple of dark purple protrusions from it, as well as having the faint yellow around his eyes become a faint blue. Regardless, they were all distinctly Human.

"Hold up – why is the hero here?" A student asked.

"I've also come with my cousin to help you all with training for Athletics day." Steve grinned.