Reminder#7 Dua for building a house in Paradise

"Lord, build me a house near You in the Garden."
(Surah at- Tahrim:11)

This wonderful dua is from Quran. This dua was actually made by the wife of Pharoah, Asiyah(may Allah be pleased with her). She used to believe in Allah Almighty and because of her faith, Firaun used to torture her. We people cannot even imagine this torture. One day, the firaun ordered to throw a heavy stone on her and she supplicated to Allah Almighty as,
‘Lord, build me a house near You in the Garden. Save me from Pharaoh and his actions; save me from the evildoers.’
As a reult of her supplication, she was shown her house in Paradise in this world and even before the heavy stone could reach her body, her soul was departed and the stone was thrown on her lifeless body.

Allah says in the same verse that He has cited this example for the believers. So this is the reminder for the believers that how people in the past have made their lord their first priority and this indeed is a powerful reminder for the women of this ummah. Look how wonderful this dua is that Allah Almighty has kept it in the Quran and has told us about this dua. Otherwise, we would never know about this wonderful invocation. So make it a habit of praying this dua. May Allah build us a house near Him in the Garden!
Just look at the love Asiyah (may Allah be pleased with her) had for Allah Almighty. She was the wife of the greatest ruler. She had status, wealth and everything one woman could ever imagine. But she was ready to leave everything for her lord. She preferred her lord over those worldly matters. Just look at our condition. What are we doing? We don't have any firaun in our life but we are not ready to obey our Lord. How sad it is! We are disobeying the Lord who loves and gives us beyond our imagination. And we are disobeying Him for the people who don't even think twice before breaking our hearts!
This also teaches us that woman is made strong. Women should not label themselves as weak and they should not disobey their lord for anyone. And what do women do? They don't cover their heads because their husbands don't like it. They don't care what their lord is telling them to do. We have not made our lord our first priority. Even though we say that Allah is our first priority but just for a moment, ask yourself is Allah really your top priority?