Reminder#9 Allah gives you chances

"Even after that you turned away. Had it not been for God's favour and mercy on you, you would certainly have been lost."
(Surah Baqarah: Verse 46)

How beautifully Allah explains our condition! Just ponder upon this ayah. Remember the last time you made a promise to yourself that you will obey Allah Almighty. You will not again indulge in the sins. You will not listen to music. You will not backbite. You will not be ungrateful. You will not leave your salah! But look what did you do? You again disobeyed your Lord. You again did what your Lord has forbidden. You again started living a sinful life. So Allah Almighty is telling that even after you turned away. Even when you forgot your promise. When you forgot your Lord. Your Lord gave you chances. If our Lord was not merciful, we would have completely destroyed our duniyah and akhirah. If our Lord had not continuously forgiven us, if He had not given us so many chances, we would be completely lost. If you are reading this, this again is a sign that your Lord is giving you chance. So don't lose this opportunity. Come back to the right path. Ask forgiveness of your Lord. He is so merciful. He is so kind. He loves you so much. And never forget this favour of your Lord who has given so many chances to you, otherwise you would be lost. If any calamity in your life has brought back to your Lord, so this calamity was in fact a blessing in disguise. This was actually a favour of your Lord.
Come back to your Lord. Praise your Lord who has again given you chance even after you turned away!
May Allah make us His obedient servants.