ORDINAL SCALE Chapter 1: Augma

3rd Person P.O.V.

In the year 2026, there is a new next-generation wearable device that was known as the Augma. As soon as the device is launch, many people went to buy it, increasing its popularity in mass. The Augma is a white-framed, headset-like device, fitted around one of the user's ears.

Unlike its predecessor, AmuSphere, Augma lacks the FullDive functionality but it has its own charms and one of them is by using Augma, you can play Augmented Reality or in short, AR

Unlike its predecessor, AmuSphere, Augma lacks the FullDive functionality but it has its own charms and one of them is by using Augma, you can play Augmented Reality or in short, AR. Most people in Japan used Augma to playing a game called Ordinal Scale.

Ordinal Scale is an Augmented Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (ARMMORPG) for the Augma users. The game-defining feature is its ranking system. The player can acquire points by collecting [Materials} in the real world or by defeating monsters or other players.

Depending on the points each player has, all players are given a Ranking Number. The higher the player's ranking, the stronger their D-weapon and armor will become. Not just that, the players also granted benefits from various companies in the Real World.

And contributing to the game's growing popularity, is its mascot, YUNA. She was debuted as the world's first AR idol and was controlled by a program, but her speech and expressions are so natural, there are many rumors that a real human is playing her.

Gaining mass popularity, YUNA has proven herself to be famous when she manages to sell out 30,000 tickets instantly for her first live concert which will be held at the end of April month

——

Date: April 24th, 2026

Location: Tokyo Metropolis, City of Nishikawa

Currently, Y/N is at a family restaurant with three of his girlfriends, Asuna, Rika, and Keiko, along with his friend, Kazuto and Sachi. The six arrived at the restaurant half an hour ago after they finished their school days.

Y/N's remaining girlfriends, Suguha, Aiz, Shino, and Yuuki are absent. With Suguha, Aiz and Shino, the three go to a different school than the rest of the group so they can't join. With Yuuki, she still in the hospital, doing her rehabilitation with her consulter after her miracle survival.