Chapter 9

-In London-

Valerie:
I'm actually excited for today, I made some plans for me and Nat the other day that I think she'll love. It's already 5:00 PM and we have to leave in about 45 minutes for the dinner reservation. I didn't tell her what the plans are but she'll figure it out eventually, I want to keep it a surprise for as long as I can.

Nat is sitting out on the balcony reading so I go to join her. I walk behind the chair she's sitting on and place my hands on her shoulders. She turns her head to look over her shoulder at me and gently smiles. I lean down and kiss her head.

"Hey, we gotta leave in about 45 minutes for the surprise I mentioned. Wanna get ready with me?"

"Of course. I can't wait to find out the big surprise." She gets up and I lead her back inside.

The first thing I do to get ready is take a shower. Knowing if we took separate showers we would take too long, I ask Nat, "Care to join me?" She smirks and happily gets in the shower with me. She faces away from me and I can't help myself so I put my hands on her waist and bring her body against mine. I kiss her neck softly then turn her around so she's facing me. She grabs my face with both hands and presses her lips to mine.

"We don't have much time," I whisper between motions.

"Then make it fast." And with that, I speed up our kissing, escalating to a make-out.

She pushes me against the shower wall and slides one hand from my face to my upper chest to pin me on the wall and puts her other hand next to my head on the wall. Everything she does makes me want her in every way possible.

As we're getting out of the shower, Nat smiles at me. "What're you so smiley about?" I ask.

"That was hot."

"What was? Shower sex?" I can't help but let out a giggle.

"Yes. Let's do it again sometime." Her smile grows a little bigger. I just smile and nod in agreement.

We get changed into our fancy clothes in different rooms, for the suspense. I get into a tight maroon sheath dress with silver heels that aren't very high because I don't love wearing heels. I don't do crazy makeup just some eyeliner, mascara, and clear lipgloss. I keep my hair down but put waves in it. When I'm all ready, I leave the bathroom where I was changing and wait in the main room for Nat to come out. I'm pretty nervous about this dinner, if I'm thinking correctly, this is our first date.

I'm lost in thought and staring at the floor when I hear a soft voice. "Val."

I quickly turn around to see Nat walk out of the bedroom and walk over to where I'm sitting on the couch. I do nothing but stare at her. She's wearing a black high-neck maxi dress with black heels that are longer than mine. She has on a simple full face of makeup and her hair is straightened. She really knows how to dress up. I try to form words to tell her how beautiful she is but in this case, "taking my breath away" is not a figure of speech. I walk over to where she's standing a few feet away from me. She's slightly taller than me with her heels so I have to tilt my head up just a bit to look her in the eyes.

I take her hands in mine and organize my thoughts enough to say, "You are so gorgeous."

"I could say the same thing about you, my dear."

"I'm nothing compared to you, Natasha. No one is." I look down at my phone and realize what time it is. 5:50 PM. "We gotta go. Are you ready?" She nods her head and I lead us out the door and to the restaurant.

"Hi, reservation for Walker," I say to the man at the front podium.

He checks something before responding to me. "Ah, yes. Please, follow me."