Chapter 24

Valerie:
"I'm taking a shower," Nat says to me when we wake up.

It feels nice to sleep with her again. She goes into the bathroom, leaving me on the bed. I hear the water turn on and I wait a few minutes before deciding to get up and follow Nat into the shower, making sure to lock the door behind me, just in case.

I undress and step into the shower with her.

"Oh hey, Val. What're you-"

"Shh."

I pull her lips into mine and gently push her against the shower wall. I've never been great at apologizing or admitting I'm wrong so I'm hoping this makes up for yesterday.

"So how was that for an apology?" I ask her as we're getting dressed after our shower.

"Oh is that what that was? An apology?" She asks right back with a smirk.

"Yes, it was. Was it not enough?"

"It'll do for now. You can finish apologizing tonight. I gotta go for now though." She goes to kiss me but I push away.

"What? Where do you have to go in such a rush?"

"I-"

"Mission shit. Right. Have fun." I try to walk away before she has the chance to kiss me.

She grabs my arm and turns me around.

"Val."

"What?" My voice breaks ever so slightly.

She cups my face and kisses me.

"I love you," she says sadly, I guess I upset her again.

"I love you too." I pull her into a hug and she digs her face into my neck, kissing it softly.

-

Natasha:
"...hostage situation. It is imperative that we do everything according to the plan written out by Director Fury. Any mistakes could mean we lose the hostages." I walk in as Tony is explaining our mission and stand in the corner of the room against the wall, arms crossed.

I feel guilty about going without Val and not even fighting for her to go. I just didn't want to push it with Stark or Fury I guess. Plus, I know Val isn't in the right mind to go on another mission, she's messed up enough from the last one.

Not long into being in this meeting, I feel a buzz from my phone in the back pocket of my jeans. I pull it out to see my girlfriend's name on the screen with a text.

моя любовь: going out for a run. wanna come?

Me: yeah, meet you in the garage in 10?

моя любовь: sounds good.

I quickly excuse myself from the mission briefing and make my way back to Val and I's room to get changed. I throw on leggings, a tank top, and sneakers then meet Val in the garage. I walk in to her leaning on a car, looking down at her phone. She's in her basic black leggings and a very tight gray t-shirt that shows off her amazing upper body. She looks up at me and smiles when she hears me walk towards her and puts her phone in her leggings pocket on the side of her thigh.

"Hey there stranger." I walk right up to her and cup her face in my hands, squeezing her cheeks.

"Hey, Nat," she says through her squished cheeks.

"Where are we running today?" I take my hands away from her face and she smiles at me with her adorable smile.

"The park, come on." She climbs into the driver's seat of the black Chevy, me getting into the passenger seat.