BONUS: Viridian (Valentine's Special)

Authors Note

Hello Angels.

Didn't expect to be back here so soon, but I'm feeling very much in the mood for Valentines, and I like to check the Merriam-Webster word of the day whenever I can, and today (Feb 13th) is limn, which means to draw or paint on a surface, which just felt apt for CV.

So here we are.

A Valentine's special x

____

20164 years prior to the trials

2016
4 years prior to the trials

"Did you hear that?"

No, stupid question, Jungkook shook his head. Of course Jimin wouldn't have heard it.

Busan's annual colour festival was in full swing; powdered paint was everywhere, and Jungkook had never before been in more awe of something that he couldn't see. Music was pumping from speakers that arched above a half-moon stage, and the boys were surrounded by idle chatter, rendering something as insignificant as a small bell almost inaudible.

It was the third time Jungkook had heard it that day.

The first time had been by the waffle stall where he and Jimin had purchased lunch. Lost in the velvety goodness that a mouthful of melty Nutella provided, he hadn't really paid all that much attention.

The second time had been while they watched a performing artist paint a member of the crowd, based on their 'aura'.

"This is such bullshit," Jimin had snickered under his breath, as Jungkook watched with great intrigue.

Their young eyes hadn't yet developed, and colours were something that both of them had yet to experience. 

Jimin had hoped that being at the colour festival would help subconsciously shift their brains - but Multivision didn't work like that, and they both knew it. It was fun to pretend for a day or two, though.

Still in high school, once Monday rolled around, they'd be back in the greyness of their senior year.

They had spent the entire weekend unsupervised, and had loved every second of it. For the first time in their young lives, they knew what independence felt like.

By the time dusk was settling in, the pearly night sky was painted with strokes of silver, white clouds framing an empty abyss of grey.

Covered head to toe in powder that had exploded from cannons during some rookie idol groups performance, the boys were a vision. Pinks, blues, yellows and greens covered their boyish frames, matching the vibrancy of their teenage vigour. It was a real shame that neither of them could see it.

Still, Jungkook felt quietly satisfied in the knowledge that he was covered in pigments.

He thought about it constantly; developing his colours.