Sunflower

A/N: highly advise you listen to fallingforyou by the 1975 during this chapter. just stick it on repeat.

___________________

JUNGKOOK 

Day 65

With one hand on the gearstick, the other lazily guiding the steering wheel, I didn't think I'd ever been more attracted to Annie.

Watching as she lay her palm flat to rotate the wheel and swing the car seamlessly into the next lane over, I couldn't quite believe that I almost hadn't let her drive.

"C'mon, don't be a wimp," she had rolled her eyes. "I've got multiple vehicle coverage, so even if I do crash it, you're fine."

"Annie, that is so totally beyond the point."

"Okay, if I do crash it, at least you'll be able to claim on my insurance. Four years no claims," she boasted as she twirled on the way out of her front door.

"What happened four years ago?"

"We don't talk about it."

"That doesn't make me feel any better, Annie."

Still, she had persisted, and maybe I was blinded by her puppy dog eyes and pouty red lips, but I'd agreed - and so here we were.

With Annie in the driver's seat, I was free to film the rolling countryside and landscape. Number ten and eleven of my bucket list; watch a sunset and film a road trip. 

It had been a day filled with nothingness, just the two of us, a bunch of cameras and an open road. Yet, somehow, it felt like everything.

We'd taken multiple wrong turns (despite her insistence on having a "brilliant" sense of direction), eaten food from restaurants off the beaten path, and parked at the bottom of hills just to hike to vantage points and take in the views. 

The scent of pine and soil had overcome my senses, earthy nature claiming me for itself. The air had cooled just enough to stain her cheeks pink, the blood rushing to the surface in a bid to insulate her body, and it felt almost sinful not to drag her closer and keep her warm myself.

The peachy-pink sunset had been wasted on me, for I was too busy watching something else. Clementine skies had illuminated her entire being, setting a hazy glow around her silhouette as she drank in the composition of the landscape around us. 

"It's beautiful," she had cooed, one hand on her hip, the other above her eyes as she basked in it.

All I could do was agree.

We were driving now, heading back towards home, but I wasn't ready for any of this to end. She'd be going to visit her parents tomorrow, and didn't know when she was coming back. I'd never spent more than seven days away from her in the entire time I'd known her, and more recently, I'd barely gone 48 hours away from her.

I was addicted - and she was one hell of a drug. I'd have taken her over the Multivision pills any day of the week.

"Pull over," I requested softly, almost half asleep from the tranquillity of a peaceful drive.

"Hmm?"

"In the clearing on your left," I sat up straight, looking at the road ahead. "Pull over. I'm pretty sure there's a little woodland area down there, I used to play in it as a kid."

"That sounds like the start of a horror story, Kook," she laughed softly, but did as she was told nonetheless. 

"Keep the lights on," I instructed her as we drew to a halt, raising my camera to her attention. "I want to play around with the lighting. Do me a favour and stand in front of the car? I need a focal point."