three

"I'm getting fed up with this act of yours, Mia." Cal snapped, snatching a screwdriver out of Mia's hands. 

"What are you on about, I'm not even doing anything?" Mia responded, taken back by his sudden outburst. 

"Exactly! You've been sat here for the last 2 hours looking like you're doing work while all you've done is build 2 chairs!" He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. 

"Hey! I've at least built 2 chairs, that's not nothing!" She exclaimed, being as she was actually quite proud of her work. 

She had finished up the kitchen after about 3 hours and was able to set up a few things in her bedroom once the boys had built her dresser. After that, she didn't have much to do and was well aware she was incapable of building anything but she didn't want to sit around and do nothing. After making use of herself and ordering a pizza for the 2 boys, she had nothing else to offer so she just tried to build whatever seemed simple enough. The problem was, nothing was simple. 

"You built them wrong, not only have I had to build what I'm building- I've had to dismantle and rebuild yours. I do love you Mia, but you're not handy in the slightest. Don't you have anything better to do?!" 

Mia sighed in defeat, knowing that he was right. She could see Harry in the corner of her eyes attentively watching the sibling-like spat she was having with Cal. 

"I mean I guess I could go and-" She started, before being cut off.

"Yes! Go!" Cal exclaimed, not even giving her a chance to finish her sentence. 

She let out a light chuckle, knowing not to take any offense to what he was saying. At the end of the day, he was there to help her and wasn't being too serious about anything. Anyone could see that they had a sibling like relationship, which is not a surprise considering they practically grew up like family. 

Mia strolled into the kitchen, taking a look around her flat from behind the counter. Her sofa arrived nearly an hour ago but the large L-shaped couch had been pushed to the corner as the boys scattered the furniture pieces and tools all over. They had built quite a bit already and she was so grateful for that as if they didn't show up she would be living out of boxes and sleeping on the floor for weeks to come. 

She grabbed her phone off the counter to see if she had missed any messages. As she expected there was a few but before she had a chance to read any or respond to them, her phone started to ring with Talia's name flashing on the top. 

"Talia! Hey!" She answered eagerly, knowing that she was planning on calling her once the boys had left her flat. 

"Don't you dare 'Talia!Hey !' me!" Talia snapped on the phone, "Imagine my surprise when I found out you were in London from my boyfriend and not you! I wanted to wipe that smug look off of Simon's face as soon as he told me!" 

"I swear I was going to call you tonight! Everything's just been so crazy and I knew if I heard your voice I'd just drop everything to see you and I couldn't do that." Mia sighed on the phone, feeling bad she didn't at least send her a text. But she knew that if she did she would literally drop everything to make plans and with both Cal and Harry being over she couldn't just leave them to do all her work for her. 

"Well, I can only forgive you if you come get dinner with me tonight. I've missed you!" Talia said, trying to temp Mia. 

Mia looked around her flat to see Cal rebuilding the chair she had just given up on and Harry looking over at the manual for her new coffee table. 

"I don't know Talia, Cal and Harry came over to help build furniture and I can't just leave them here." Mia sighed through the phone.

"Yes! Yes you absolutely can leave us!" Cal shouted loudly so Talia could hear on the other side of the line, a little too excited at the prospect of getting the girl out of her own apartment.