Chapter-7: Naked Girls

Virgil

I laughed as grandpa told us about his life, making it sound hilarious.

I grinned, taking another bite out of my cheeseburger that grandpa made for us. Faith laughed even harder, and it seems right to see her smile.

"So dad, have you been alright since. . ." Dads voice somehow changed everything.

Grandpas smile faded, wiping his mouth with his handkerchief, then placing it on the table. His eyes changed, they looked hollow. . .lost pre-say.

Samantha Brown was our grandmother. She died of a sick disease which is called cancer. She was very weak the last time we saw her. We went to her funeral, and payed our respects.

Grandma was the only person who can tame grandpa. They were lovers, soul mates.

"It's been lonely, but I know she's always here." He placed a trembling hand on his heart, giving us a weak smile. "She's always here."

Dad smiled, "I know she is."

•§•

After supper, we talked more before mom and dad had to leave.

"Now remember, if anything happens. Don't hesitate to call us. I'm serious." Mom said, hugging us both and placing a kiss on our foreheads.

"We will mom, don't worry. Remember, we are your children." Faith chuckled, smiling at mom who let out a deep sigh.

"I know, I'm just worried." Mom whispered.

"Remember. No shifting and don't leave my dads territory either. If we get a call from him saying you did. Let's just say we won't be happy." Dad said, glaring at both of us.

"Yes dad." I said, giving him a quick nod of my head.

Dad smiled, glancing at his dad. "I'll see you again, dad. Love you." Dad hugged grandpa before turning to mom, heading back to the SUV.

Our parents waved at us one more time before vanishing.

"Well, I guess I should show you two to your rooms." Grandpa said, leading us back inside.

I grabbed my black suitcase and a box filled with other stuff. Faith did the same, but she might have to take a second trip.

We followed grandpa up the stairs, passing many doors.

"So, uh, who's the new Alpha of the pack?" Faith asked suddenly while struggling to hold her box of things from home.

Grandpa glanced behind him, smirking. "Ah! His name is Scott Parson. He's probably around your guy's age. He's moving into the pack house tomorrow. He's quite a talked though, and demanding, but he has a good heart. I wasn't quite sure about giving up the title, but I knew I had too. For some reason, he seemed right. So, after showing him the ropes of being an Alpha; I gave him the title. Which was a month ago. I still had to show him, but he's a great leader now. You'll see him tomorrow for sure."

Faith raised an eyebrow at me while trying not to laugh.

"Faith, this is your room. I changed it up a little bit since you were small and you probably wanted to change it up a bit." Grandpa said, opening the oak door.

Faith entered and smiled. The room was a dark purple, and the red carpet pretty much finished the room. The bed was a good size with white sheets and fluffy pillows.

"Wow, thanks." Grandpa nodded, turning to me.

"Well, come on." I followed him a couple doors down to a black oak door. Grandpa opened it, which I stepped inside.